Quantcast

OMFG robdamanii, this must be a dream come true!!!!

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
MtnBikerChk said:
Is it too late to cancel my sirius? I JUST signed up for it (you know, back when Rob said XM was better)- guess he was right.
It might not be too late. I mean so what if Sirius has better music & programing, we're talking Oprah here:thumb:

I can see it now, Rob in complete bliss, jam'n down the road in his Toyota Hybrid cranking Oprah. What are the chances of getting Dr. Phil on there too:think:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
BurlyShirley said:
but local radio and all its commercials loco even more. I wish my sirius hadnt been stolen.
agreed. morning DJs are among the lowest life form.

radio's sole purpose is for traffic reports and weather, but since my commute consists of 10 miles of backroads, i don't really need to hear either.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
narlus said:
agreed. morning DJs are among the lowest life form.

radio's sole purpose is for traffic reports and weather, but since my commute consists of 10 miles of backroads, i don't really need to hear either.
Since I broke down and got an ipod and started only going to school (5 min. away) instead of my hour+ commute to work, its hardly an issue anymore. But I do miss being exposed to new music. Last new band I heard was bloc party.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
check out that link someone had for www.pandora.com. you put in bands you like and it attempts to select other stuff (in a streaming radio format) which you may like. it's not too bad, actually. not sure how many free hours you get before you have to subscribe.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
narlus said:
check out that link someone had for www.pandora.com. you put in bands you like and it attempts to select other stuff (in a streaming radio format) which you may like. it's not too bad, actually. not sure how many free hours you get before you have to subscribe.

I kinda do that just by going to Amazon, typing in a band I like,
and they list artist that are similar, or what other people bought that also bought this CD etc....
Then I can listen to a sample if I need to as well.
It works pretty well for my limited music needs.:)

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
bluebug32 said:
Have you come out of the closet yet? Or are you too busy sitting in there listening to Ellen and making gay avatars?
Well since I'm not gay, it does make it difficult to do so, however in the remodel of my new house I did build a new closet and walked in and out of it several times, does that count? Also I'm not the one who has XM and listens to Ellen, I believe that's your closet dweller.

J

JRB

Brian HCM#1 said:
We're not hear to discuss local radio, this news is WAY more important. We're talking Oprah on XM:thumb:
What channel??? Oprah always lifts my spirits???

J

JRB

Brian HCM#1 said:
I don't know I have Sirius, ask Rob, I'm sure he has that already programed in:)
hahahahaha - is Sirius the crappy satellite station?

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
loco said:
hahahahaha - is Sirius the crappy satellite station?
My opinion is that it's crapier just because it costs more and has less than XM offers.

I don't know what station Oprah will be. She'll be a huge draw for XM, even though I doubt I'll listen. I wonder if Dr. Phil is coming too :think:

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
bluebug32 said:
My opinion is that it's crapier just because it costs more and has less than XM offers.

I don't know what station Oprah will be. She'll be a huge draw for XM, even though I doubt I'll listen. I wonder if Dr. Phil is coming too :think:
Actually XM raised their prices and now is the same as Sirius. Sirius has WAY better programing.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
Brian HCM#1 said:
Actually XM raised their prices and now is the same as Sirius. Sirius has WAY better programing.
The rate hike was a year ago. Funny....the rate hike involved adding channels as well. Hrm...seems like you get what you pay for. And the programming far outstrips Sirius's programming. Oprah may not be my cup of tea, but that woman has pull in media, and she threw her hat into the ring with the better company.

And just for kicks....
http://www.thestreet.com/_yahoo/stocks/media/10267002.html?cm_ven=YAHOO&cm_cat=FREE&cm_ite=NA

Sirius has spent a fortune acquiring talent like Stern, and some investors are starting to want to see some payback on their investment. One analyst says it wouldn't be surprising to see Sirius raise its monthly rate $1 to $14.
http://www.forbes.com/2006/02/09/xm-satellite-radio-0209markets13.html?partner=yahootix

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
robdamanii said:
The rate hike was a year ago. Funny....the rate hike involved adding channels as well. Hrm...seems like you get what you pay for. And the programming far outstrips Sirius's programming. Oprah may not be my cup of tea, but that woman has pull in media, and she threw her hat into the ring with the better company.

And just for kicks....
http://www.thestreet.com/_yahoo/stocks/media/10267002.html?cm_ven=YAHOO&cm_cat=FREE&cm_ite=NA

http://www.forbes.com/2006/02/09/xm-satellite-radio-0209markets13.html?partner=yahootix
Well Sirius has Martha Stweart too, so there. But still Sirius's misic selection is FAR better.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
robdamanii said:

And just for kicks....

Yeah, McDonald's stock is probably doing pretty good too even though they suck.

Rob, face it, XM is as lame as it gets.

robdamanii said:
did you actually read this one?

"Observers suspect that XM may report the weaker numbers, with higher-than-expected costs per subscriber addition and possibly a slip in market share as Howard Stern pulled users to Sirius. Some momentum at Sirius certainly appeared visible last month, when the company surprised bystanders by outgaining its bigger rival for the fourth quarter on the subscriber rolls."

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
MtnBikerChk said:
did you actually read this one?

"Observers suspect that XM may report the weaker numbers, with higher-than-expected costs per subscriber addition and possibly a slip in market share as Howard Stern pulled users to Sirius. Some momentum at Sirius certainly appeared visible last month, when the company surprised bystanders by outgaining its bigger rival for the fourth quarter on the subscriber rolls."
Yeah, did you read it? 4th Q 2005 and 1st Q 2006.

The subscriber gap still remains even after the "Howard Factor". Sirius loses.

FREERDR4LF

Monkey
Feb 11, 2006
FOLSOM, CA.
XM people are just jealous that they didn't get Howard Stern and they are stuck with Ellen and Oprah. Oprah is only doing ONE half hour show A WEEK. What's up with that? I love my Sirius and have been a Stern fan forever.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
FREERDR4LF said:
XM people are just jealous that they didn't get Howard Stern and they are stuck with Ellen and Oprah. Oprah is only doing ONE half hour show A WEEK. What's up with that? I love my Sirius and have been a Stern fan forever.
Stern is an old hack with hackneyed crap for bits.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
FREERDR4LF said:
bits that everyone copies...
Yeah, the homeless shopping spree was copied. The Pat O'Brien tapes were copied (he actually stole the idea from someone else). Sidewalk fishing was copied. American Mess was copied. The ultimate challenge was copied.

Sure....everyone rips me off Robin. Hoo hoo. Robin.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
FREERDR4LF said:
Be my guest. By all means, you can have Howard Stern and all his "private parts."

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
MtnBikerChk said:
when did the race end?
From what I'm understanding the one who gets Oprah wins:rolleyes: Stern came right out and said XM and him talked, but they we're being very arrogant, Sirius came up and made him a great offer and was willing to work with him. XM was the BIG loser there and now they had scramble to sign a big name to try to equal Stern, oh well. I guess that means Rob and XM have something in common..........................They are both big losers:blah:

BSEVEER

Monkey
Dec 23, 2004
SoCal
Didn't we pretty much determine last time that this isn't even really about Sirius vs XM but rather Howard vs Opey and Anthony?