Quantcast

Omg Blink !82 Broke Up!1!!

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
all 13yr old-ness aside, it's reported that they are on an indefinite hiatus. family life and children are starting to catch up with them.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
They made some good music back in the day, But they had to call it quits sooner or later.

But damn, you can't deny the drummer kicked ass.......

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
since you burned your trucker hats, can i burn all my black clothes, and rid myself of the hatred i have for the world?

ah yes, the drummer was a badass.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
TOOL = amazing musicians, blink 182 = mediocre musicians. Led Zeppelin's songs were long too, but still amazing, right along with Pink Floyd; you just have to have an attention span of more than 2 minutes and 30 seconds to enjoy them.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
kinghami3 said:
TOOL = amazing musicians, blink 182 = mediocre musicians. Led Zeppelin's songs were long too, but still amazing, right along with Pink Floyd; you just have to have an attention span of more than 2 minutes and 30 seconds to enjoy them.
I'll agree and say that Blink 182 is/was crappy musicians, but their songs are entertaining to listen to.

Tool may be a collective orgy of brilliance, but their songs are so incredibly boring in the first place that their longevity causes one to begin to tune out the music anyways.

Led Zeppelin's songs were long. But they were entertaining. And amazing. And fun to listen to.

Latest example of someone producing an actually mildly entertaining rock opera: Green Day. Accuse me of being a pop punker, but Jesus of Suburbia and Homecoming are both songs I enjoy, and I listen to music based on how much I enjoy it, not on the depth/complexity of the music, although that can be a major deciding factor on enjoyability.

=[Stinky]=

I like bagels and turkey sandwiches
Sep 9, 2001
Atlanta YEAAAHHH!
the Inbred said:
since you burned your trucker hats, can i burn all my black clothes, and rid myself of the hatred i have for the world?

yeah... go ahead and stomp on those black square framed emo glasses too.

heh.

Andrew

=[Stinky]=

Sep 9, 2001
Atlanta YEAAAHHH!
kinghami3 said:
:thumb: :thumb: :stupid: :thumb: :thumb:

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
lovebunny said:
your wrong. he still is badass. just because hes not in the band dont mean he sucks all of a sudden
well, yes. i didn't realize my comment was going to be analized.

TOOL has talent, i don't question that. at least, whoever write the rhythm stuff does. but i still think their music sucks. and a lot of their fans need to realize that Maynard is not a god.

=[Stinky]=

Sep 9, 2001
Atlanta YEAAAHHH!
the Inbred said:

TOOL has talent, i don't question that. at least, whoever write the rhythm stuff does. but i still think their music sucks. and a lot of their fans need to realize that Maynard is not a god.

They are very talented musicians for sure. They write all their own stuff. They are just different from a lot of the poppy crap, and the quality, and thought that goes into producing and mastering the songs is wonderful.

yeah... Maynard... I dunno man, Im pretty sure hes into little boys. He was definatley doing lines of somthing while he was on stage last time I saw 'A Perfect Circle.'

Unfotunatley I dont paint my fingernails black and wear tool hoodies everyday. Im not that into them ahaha.

Being a drummer myself. I must say Blinks drummer was decent.... I started listening to TOOL because of the drummer Danny Caey.

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
i'm glad they broke up. I saw them live with dexterq up in sac-to a couple years back...meh, i've seen better bands (ie; black sabbath and rise against). but, good thing they broke up, not my fav band anyways.

=[Stinky]=

Sep 9, 2001
Atlanta YEAAAHHH!
SkaredShtles said:
Mmmmm...... Piiiiiiink Flooooyyyyyyd...... :drool:

-S.S.-
I saw 'the pink flyod laser show' last year. Stoned as hell for the experience.. ....whew alll the preeettttttty lights...

If your looking for some good music... Go pick up "Easy Star All Stars DUB Side Of the Moon" Im sure you can find the album on some bit torrent clients. omfg... It rules, its dark side of the mood, but rasta dubbed beat style.... its great Ill Upload an MP3 or zip of some of their stuff to my ftp if you guys want. Oh, and go buy the album, It will sync up with the Wizard of Oz just like the pink flyod version. Excellent stuff.

Dirt rider

Pro Rider
Nov 18, 2001
redneck wasteland
If you wanna listen to more of Travis Barker drumming listen to the transplants or Boxcar racer.

as far as them breaking up im not too bummed out. I only listen to thier album if Im sick of listening to my 200 other cd's or if i want a good laugh.

I was planing to check out the warped tour in the summer and bink has been know to put on a hilarious show so It will suck to miss that. Oh well Ill just jump into the moshpit when Pennywise hits the stage and have some of my bones cracked and get bigass purple bruises all over my body. but I cant find any dated for the 05 tour....

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Dirt rider said:
If you wanna listen to more of Travis Barker drumming listen to the transplants or Boxcar racer.

as far as them breaking up im not too bummed out. I only listen to thier album if Im sick of listening to my 200 other cd's or if i want a good laugh.

I was planing to check out the warped tour in the summer and bink has been know to put on a hilarious show so It will suck to miss that. Oh well Ill just jump into the moshpit when Pennywise hits the stage and have some of my bones cracked and get bigass purple bruises all over my body. but I cant find any dated for the 05 tour....

Man...blink, pennywise, it's been the same band at the warped tour for like, ever. Last warped tour I went to, Ice T was playing...I think it was 2000...he was all...my name is NOT Ice T anymore...for the new millenium...it's ICE MOTHER F#$KEN T BITCH! Later on Zebrahead was playing...and one of the dudes in ZH was all...our name is NOT Zebrahead anymore...it's ZEBRA MOTHER F#$KEN HEAD BITCH! I dunno...it was pretty funny at the moment!

Blink is pretty funny on stage. I love that one video where they make fun of all the boy bands...oh...and they're all hot pieces of ass.

dickiesbike1

Monkey
Jun 17, 2002
NC
I cant believe the lack of respect for other genres of music you "adults" have. I listen to a lot of "emo" or "indie" music, and i dont consider myself a wussy or anything. The thing about blink 182 is that they may have not been talented musicians compared to the rock legends that some of you guys are comparing them too. But they did have a knack for entertaining and their music was catchy enough to bring them and a lot of other bands into the main stream. Im not saying im devastated that they broke up or anything, i just wish you guys would give credit where credit is due, instead of being a bunch of Tools.

Edit: Boy is my face red on that one :o:

=[Stinky]=

Sep 9, 2001
Atlanta YEAAAHHH!
dickiesbike1 said:
*SNIP* I listen to a lot of "emo" or "indie" music, and i consider myself a wussy *SNIP*
Well, said it yourself. I just think its terrible music. My oppinion, but I cant deal with all this new emo screamo indie....

Its all good tho man. We all ride bikes.