Quantcast

Omg Blink !82 Broke Up!1!!

Dirt rider

Pro Rider
Nov 18, 2001
redneck wasteland
dh girlie said:
Man...blink, pennywise, it's been the same band at the warped tour for like, ever. Last warped tour I went to, Ice T was playing...I think it was 2000...he was all...my name is NOT Ice T anymore...for the new millenium...it's ICE MOTHER F#$KEN T BITCH! Later on Zebrahead was playing...and one of the dudes in ZH was all...our name is NOT Zebrahead anymore...it's ZEBRA MOTHER F#$KEN HEAD BITCH! I dunno...it was pretty funny at the moment!

Blink is pretty funny on stage. I love that one video where they make fun of all the boy bands...oh...and they're all hot pieces of ass.
yeah Ive got some Zebrahead in my collection.

Ive never seen well any big name bands simply because the closest they come is vancouver 3 hours away so I figured the warped tour is the best way to see many loud bands in one trip.

BUCKET

Monkey
Apr 30, 2004
Rocktown, VA
dickiesbike1 said:
I listen to a lot of "emo" or "indie" music, and i consider myself a wussy.
Proofreading error or just admitting the truth?

Also in the news: Korn lost a guitarist... Head, the guitarist from Korn has found Jesus Christ as his savior and will be dedicating his talents to that end. Good for him.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
=[Stinky]= said:
Being a drummer myself. I must say Blinks drummer was decent.... I started listening to TOOL because of the drummer Danny Caey.
i gave TOOL a try after hearing their drummer, as well.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
dh girlie said:
yes...most are...I myself am a big fan of socks...I love new riding socks...Just ordered some with cats with crossbones and they just happen to be pink and black...:thumb:
i need some new ones. all my Defeets are getting holes in them.

WhItTy

Monkey
Feb 3, 2005
P.E.I., Canada
Did every one know that they are just taking a break,that is what they said. they need a break to they have been touring for many years now( i dont know how many ) but they said they need to spend some time with thier family.

WOOOHOOO 50th post :D :thumb: :cool:

mtb geek

Chimp
Jan 28, 2005
Blink Sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
who had the idea to give them a record label?
and how many songs about broken hearts can you have?

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
dh girlie said:
Hey I want those...where did you see em...oh never mind...I see it in the picture url...those are HOT...HAHAHAHA...hot...and they have flames! get it? and they are PINK...my favorite color!
yea dh, I was thinking of you when I found that link... :love:

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
mtb geek said:
Blink Sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
who had the idea to give them a record label?
and how many songs about broken hearts can you have?
You know, most of their songs weren't really emo broken hearty, they were quite adolescent, sarcastic, and vulgar, which was one of the enjoyable parts of listening to them. Their new album seemed to attempt to jump on the emo bandwagon, and it horribly failed (IMHO).

I'll just go back to my Death Cab and Rush now... :(

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
my Human Sexuality prof called on a girl in class who was wearing a Death Cab for Cutie shirt. we spent like 10mins talking about "Death Cab for Cutie"...it was rather funny. he couldn't understand why a band would call themselves Death Cab for Cutie, and the girl was getting embarassed. he kept calling on her. all day. good stuff.

not as funny as when he called on the foreign girl to say "my genitals are fabulous," though. or when he called on a different foreign girl to explain what "69" is.

ridecruz888

Chimp
Feb 8, 2005
dude blink 182 rocked, especially all their older cds. Maybe if you all knew their songs from before they were sellouts you'd respect them more.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
ridecruz888 said:
dude blink 182 rocked, especially all their older cds. Maybe if you all knew their songs from before they were sellouts you'd respect them more.
Their old stuff was the same as the new stuff (Up till self-titled), just intense power chords with dirty teenage vocals. No talent involved...

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
blue said:
Their old stuff was the same as the new stuff (Up till self-titled), just intense power chords with dirty teenage vocals. No talent involved...
99% of popular music is based on power chords. i don't understand the "no talent" argument.

ridecruz888

Chimp
Feb 8, 2005
blue said:
i wonder how they stayed together and why so many people loved them if they sucked...at least they actually performed their music unlike all these rappers and modern artists that just insert music digitally and rhyme to it. Not too mention that the drummer in blink rocked. If you think they suck, you're basically saying all punk/alternative rock sucks, cuz they all are intense power chords with dirty teenage vocals...sounds more like your opinion than an actual fact. just cuz you dont like them doesnt mean they suck

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
the Inbred said:
my Human Sexuality prof called on a girl in class who was wearing a Death Cab for Cutie shirt. we spent like 10mins talking about "Death Cab for Cutie"...it was rather funny. he couldn't understand why a band would call themselves Death Cab for Cutie, and the girl was getting embarassed. he kept calling on her. all day. good stuff.
Most adults I know generally don't understand that name. Speaking of Death Cab, it's a good band but Gibbard's side projects (Postal Service and All-Time Quarterback) are better in my opinion. I'm kind of partial to indie anyhow.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
ridecruz888 said:
i wonder how they stayed together and why so many people loved them if they sucked...at least they actually performed their music unlike all these rappers and modern artists that just insert music digitally and rhyme to it. Not too mention that the drummer in blink rocked. If you think they suck, you're basically saying all punk/alternative rock sucks, cuz they all are intense power chords with dirty teenage vocals...sounds more like your opinion than an actual fact. just cuz you dont like them doesnt mean they suck

Honeslty the reason I liked their music was because it was just like the music we play in our band, And their songs were easy to learn too. But I guess I am dumb because I don't listen music that is WAY outdated or overly complex.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
Ramones are easy to learn, also. a friend of mine's band played Blitzkrieg Bog at a pep rally in high school. oh man, that was great. everyone knew the "hey ho, let's go" but i think there were maybe 20 of us who knew the rest of the lyrics . you know, it'd get all loud in the gym then quiet.....the loud, then quiet....good stuff.