Quantcast

OMG,I need a pep talk.......

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
Wow. It's been a long time since I've been here. Hell last time I was on here, I think I was no more then engaged to be married!!! Now, I sit, married, 3 kids, and fat ( I have to laugh to see my member..:shocked:), OK....so it's not that bad......yet........

BTW, Where the hell is stosh?(mornin' stosh) Still here? what about the GMT's? Looks like there has been an official hand-off???

So, anyways. I have not, I repeat, NOT, been on a mountain bike in 2 maybe pushing 3 years (well, seasons, winter here is all snow and uber cold). I did however venture to the dark side and purchased a Santa Cruz Roadster near the end of last season in hopes to get some legs back. I'm even on the fence to sell the mountain machines all together.

Yesterday, I woke up, dressed in my half-asleep style, and went off to work. After a while I realized, I was wearing the Ridemonkey t-shirt!! Man, time flies!!!!!

So, All in all, I need motivation to get my ass in gear and get back on the bikes in a big way. I miss the trails. And we have a fantastic system here. What get's/ keeps you in the mood??

PS: does this still work: :stosh: EDIT: score!!!! It workssss!!!

zahgurim

Underwater monkey
Mar 9, 2005
lolAsia
Get out once, suffer a bit, and the love for dirt will come pouring back.

The big tummy should be all the motivation you need!

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Yeah, you just need to go for a real mountain bike ride once. It'll all come back. It'll hurt, you'll suffer, and you will have more fun than you thought possible.

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
Wow. It's been a long time since I've been here. Hell last time I was on here, I think I was no more then engaged to be married!!! Now, I sit, married, 3 kids, and fat ( I have to laugh to see my member..:shocked:), OK....so it's not that bad......yet........

BTW, Where the hell is stosh?(mornin' stosh) Still here? what about the GMT's? Looks like there has been an official hand-off???

So, anyways. I have not, I repeat, NOT, been on a mountain bike in 2 maybe pushing 3 years (well, seasons, winter here is all snow and uber cold). I did however venture to the dark side and purchased a Santa Cruz Roadster near the end of last season in hopes to get some legs back. I'm even on the fence to sell the mountain machines all together.

Yesterday, I woke up, dressed in my half-asleep style, and went off to work. After a while I realized, I was wearing the Ridemonkey t-shirt!! Man, time flies!!!!!

So, All in all, I need motivation to get my ass in gear and get back on the bikes in a big way. I miss the trails. And we have a fantastic system here. What get's/ keeps you in the mood??

PS: does this still work: :stosh: EDIT: score!!!! It workssss!!!

First: Who the hell are you
Second: I disapprover of you leaving RM
Third: I approve of you coming back to RM

Welcome back

I am KING Konabumm

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Welcome back and good luck getting back on it. Just get out there and enjoy yourself without worrying about your fitness or skill level, just have fun.

And don't listen to this guy:

DON'T SUCCUMB TO THE ROAD TREND, BRUTHAH!

Road is good for fitness, but no good for true satisfaction.

Just hold tight, and ride some dirt this spring.

You will thank me.
Bwahahaha!! The road "trend"? You mean like 130 years or something of history, as compared to about 25 years for mountain bikes? Is that what you mean?

Dude, if you don't like it, fine. But for me, if it's got two wheels, it's all good.

:lighten:

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
Thank's for the replies! I hope I can take it to heart and get back on trail.

The road bike is just pain easier for me to get out and ride. I can go solo, without fears of breaking bones, never to be seen from again. That, and the SPEED!! The raod bike just accellerates like no tomorrow!!

I was out sitting on the DH bikey last night. I am bringing in the wind-trainer this weekend and setting it up in front of the TV. This year will be different.......

So, a little about me. I'm lockemiester. I used to ride bikes lots. I bought a car and blew the engine, so I spent the majority of last year (and last years income) rebuilding it. That sort of got in the way of the bikes (well, I let it get in the way...). They say a break is as good as a change, hopefully there is a little truth in there somewhere. I have a wife, 3 kids and no pets..

I really can't just go out and ride right now, we have over 2 feet of snow on the ground. I hope the trainer will fill the gap for now, maybe I'll throw in "search for the holy trail" for a little more pep.....

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Road is good for fitness, but no good for true satisfaction.
Opinions are like assholes.

Lockmeister, first post back and found a way to slip your member in...I don't think you've ever been away. As soon as the snow melts I will be on my road bike and feeling truly satisfied.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Welcome back, Dont sopend too much time here, when you should be riding!!! Get out and ride, set a goal and do it, join the RM fat fighters club, and post how your doing!!!!!! Maybe buy some new egar to keep you going.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
My daughter watched "Epic Conditions" on the Weather Channel with me a few weeks back and has been bugging me about riding ever since. She is 7 and thinks that she can bomb North Van on a tag-a-long this summer.

She has been 90% of my motivation. 30# is the other motivator. I'm much more attractive when I ride.