Quantcast

^^OMG Its ThursdayGMT^^

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Don't forget Pano down so that he can experience what I imagine to be unadulterated bliss while climbing Drew Hill Rd.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Currently in a middle school in the mountains between meetings watching a PE class doing the mile. These kids are more fit than me. Definitely more fit than @jonKranked. One just pulled in a 6:05 mile at 7,200ft. There is also an old ASR and ARC in the bike rack and a bunch of legit mtn bikes out there. Kids here...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Currently in a middle school in the mountains between meetings watching a PE class doing the mile. These kids are more fit than me. Definitely more fit than @jonKranked. One just pulled in a 6:05 mile at 7,200ft. There is also an old ASR and ARC in the bike rack and a bunch of legit mtn bikes out there. Kids here...
running is for assholes.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Look out world I am riding mountain bikes again. After a lot of tough gravel races and boring road biking I got the mtb fire back

You know you are old when your long sleeve jersey is a 1999 Fox Racing shirt. Not sure if it has reached retro cool yet. This guy think so

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
if i'm coming that far to ride there's gonna be downhill bikes and a ski lift involved.
I don't think you realize what our local trails look like... But yeah, DH bikes and lifts are more fun inherently.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Fuck, man... be CLEAR about these things. I did another 10 and still don't feel any better. I suppose when they get home from school I'll make 'em do some and see if THAT makes me feel any better.
BEER IT NAO, DUMBASS

also, i liked deer crik. nick was nice and took my slow ass out there during my last visit

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I like Deer Creek. Specifically I like the downhill sections of Plymouth Mountain Trail and The Wall. There's just a lot of meh and a million hikers with dogs in between those sections. And Red Mesa is just not worth it.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
We definitely need to get you on a bike if/when you ever get back out here. We could do White Ranch, Chimpex, and Deer Creek. :D
Maybe throw in Bergen Peak for fun afterwards...
I'm not suggesting we do them all the same day. That's the sort of horseshit that @6thElement would do. :disgust1:
Too much effort to do Bergen from home and I still haven't been to DC. But I do love that Bergen downhill. Wife and I have ridden down Apex, up Belcher, lap of Mountain Lion, Mustang, Maverick, Longhorn and back up Chimney all from home with no shuttling involved. I think it was 50 miles, 9000ish ft vert.

I asked wife that morning if she wanted to do a stupid ride or a really stupid ride. She chose the latter which added on ML.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:Alcoholic::o
Too much effort to do Bergen from home and I still haven't been to DC. But I do love that Bergen downhill. Wife and I have ridden down Apex, up Belcher, lap of Mountain Lion, Mustang, Maverick, Longhorn and back up Chimney all from home with no shuttling involved. I think it was 50 miles, 9000ish ft vert.

I asked wife that morning if she wanted to do a stupid ride or a really stupid ride. She chose the latter which added on ML.
My backpack won't fit enough beer and pizza slices for that really stupid ride! :s :twitch:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I did have the thought to take a few before pictures. This is me on August 4, somewhere around 38 BMI, albeit with "only" 30% overall body fat (36% in the abdomen, which is the worst place for it risk-wise):

At that point I looked like an overstuffed normal person, IMO. The defattening is ongoing: weighed in this morning a solid 20 lbs down from the photo, although that's probably exaggerated since I'm in the middle of an medium length fast. I'll be a legit 20 lbs down in a few days, likely.
Dude...with that physique you could be a fitness expert in the South. Damn near svelte by our standards.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Speaking of weight loss. My house shorts are falling off me again so I'm pretty happy about that. Need to stay around 170 at the most. Still could lose 20 pounds of blubber though.

What's really nuts is that next year, on my thru hike, I will eat anywhere from 3000-5000 calories per day and still lose weight. Almost every thru hiker drops some weight on their 5-6 months in the woods.