Quantcast

On One carbon fork rotor clearance problems?

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
If you made it past the title, you may have an inkling of what my issue is. My On One carbon fork is having rotor clearance problems...specifically, the rotor is rubbing against the inside edge of the fork...

Cant shim it, cant wiggle it to an angle that doesnt rub...do I need to go to a narrower front hub?

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
1. convert bike to a fixie
2. remove the front brake
3. profit

What size is the rotor? There should be no such thing as an officially "narrower" hub, but either the hub or the fork are not up to designed manufacturing tolerances.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
1. No
2. Still no
3. Profit? What is this profit you speak of?

160 rotor, all stock. I have seen on "cough" other sites "cough" the same issues. Apparently it is endemic to the brand...

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
It's to keep their bikes to the On-One standard, the ones on the frames don't line up correctly so why should the one on the fork?

You haven't got different sized spacers on the hub? I swapped bearings out in one of my front hubs the put the spacers on the wrong sides, had a few seconds of head scratching with that one haha.

If you have a crap hub pop the axle/spacers/whatever out and find a belt sander and spin the hub slowly to take some meat off it. On some hubs the thread starts a bit below the surface if it doesn't you can wind some grub screws down it before you start sanding it and they will clean the thread when you take them out.

Or you could buy a fork made by people that make decent gear.