Quantcast

On-One codeine or why the hell is no one talking about this?

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I see people claim Spec Endurpoo is the only decent 29'' trailbike while the brits have just released a cheap 29er with very nice geo (17,3'' chainstay that fits 2.4 tires), 35mm drop, 67,5 ha, steep steattube that costs pennies (800GBP for a frame with a DB Air is nuts). X01 build goes for 2500GBP (4100$)

More here:
http://singletrackworld.com/2014/04/on-one-codeine/

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
I assume it's a catalog product so if they found a good factory it may not be half bad. Still the project itself is pretty rad.

Verskis

Monkey
May 14, 2010
Tampere, Finland
I assume it's a catalog product so if they found a good factory it may not be half bad. Still the project itself is pretty rad.
I assume they have done the design work themselves at On One, thus not a catalog product.
This is not a fact, just what I have understood.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007

Samoto

Dec 16, 2013
Nothing wrong with Brittish products. Cotic is good.

I would recommend Codeine for my friend who is on low budget. it looks nice.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Kona Process 111

My Road/CX/gravel grinder does have horizontal dropouts, if I slammed the wheel it might be around 430. ;)
I really like them but I can't get over their ugly graphics. They should seriously hire a new graphic designer/creative director or whoever is responsible.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

yetihenry

Monkey
Aug 9, 2009
Whistler, BC
lol I just said you have to be a tea-drinking brit in order to fit on one. If you're over 5'9" then you probably won't fit on one, unless you want to run a 90mm stem. If you're 5'4", then you can get the reach you want. It is an incredible deal, no denying that.
Both the riders in that video are well over 5'9. I'm 6'1 and Craig Evans is taller than me and is incredibly fast (you may recognise him from Duncan Philpotts Deep Summer slideshow and he just won Expert at the first round of the BDS)

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Wonder why they did all that fancy machining at the dropout and still went with an IS mount.

I hope they have had them made in a decent factory as they would make a pretty fun bike, nice simple single pivot, good shock and a sensible weight, I know zip about 29er geo so can't comment on that.

blindboxx2334

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2013
Wets Coast
lol I just said you have to be a tea-drinking brit in order to fit on one. If you're over 5'9" then you probably won't fit on one, unless you want to run a 90mm stem. If you're 5'4", then you can get the reach you want. It is an incredible deal, no denying that.
so, im 5'11". would i need a large??

i dont know how i missed this thread. but i have never been excited about a niner (like ever), but id buy one of these.. maybe when i get a real job. the video looked like they were havin fun!

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Probably. The reach is 16.8", which is the same as a medium honzo or a medium e29. I'm 5'11" and I ride a large e29 quite comfortably with a 50mm stem. If you don't like a long bike it would be fine. If you want a bike that does well at high speed, slightly longer reaches are better. I really like the way the e29 fits with a 17.5" reach.

blindboxx2334

Turbo Monkey
Mar 19, 2013
Wets Coast
thanks for that info.. i appreciate the help. i would be going for a longer bike, seeing as how almost every other bike ive bought has been just a hair under what i was recommended. i like small-er bikes, but i think i'd like to mix it up and try something new this time.

also, to add to the confusion, i think they mixed up the reach and stack on their site.. im not a geo wiz, so can someone confirm?
http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/FROOCO/on-one-codeine-29er-frame

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
thanks for that info.. i appreciate the help. i would be going for a longer bike, seeing as how almost every other bike ive bought has been just a hair under what i was recommended. i like small-er bikes, but i think i'd like to mix it up and try something new this time.

also, to add to the confusion, i think they mixed up the reach and stack on their site.. im not a geo wiz, so can someone confirm?
http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/FROOCO/on-one-codeine-29er-frame
Yeah it looks like j isn't even shown. The numbers appear accurate though.