Quantcast

On-One Gimp

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
I just bought a used On-One Gimp frame and am gonna probably build it up for urban/street. What would be the cheapest strongest way to build it up? Let's see some pics of any of yours too!

slowSSer

mnoeky
Aug 14, 2002
Stepford
Originally posted by Sven tha Viking
rigid fork, SS, rear v-brake only
\

well, that's definitely the cheap way to go!

im going to be having the same predicament sometime soon, when mine gets here from the UK.

im planning on canabalizing another bike for my gimp, so that's where the wheels and brakes are coming from. I got the on-one reetard cranks, so that'll work.

anyone have a thought about a handlebar? Ive got the option of a titec Ti helion or a monkey lite carbon to chose from (lying around sort-of thing)

stem? need something short, no? what about the cool new block of aluminum from brooklyn machine works?

pedals: Im thinking time atac z pedals. big platform, can still clip in, ride times on all other bikes.

just my thoughts for now!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Originally posted by slowSSer
\

well, that's definitely the cheap way to go!

im going to be having the same predicament sometime soon, when mine gets here from the UK.

im planning on canabalizing another bike for my gimp, so that's where the wheels and brakes are coming from. I got the on-one reetard cranks, so that'll work.

anyone have a thought about a handlebar? Ive got the option of a titec Ti helion or a monkey lite carbon to chose from (lying around sort-of thing)

stem? need something short, no? what about the cool new block of aluminum from brooklyn machine works?

pedals: Im thinking time atac z pedals. big platform, can still clip in, ride times on all other bikes.

just my thoughts for now!
If you are riding urban I don't think you want to be clipped in.

Just my two cents.

I'm riding some Wellgo Mags on my Snipes and I like em - light and grippy as hell. Helping me learn how to properly bunnyhop without cheating.

That transfers over to even bigger hops on my Belair when I'm clipped in.

Why not get a bunch of On-One/Planet X stuff for your rig if you are going for a high pimp factor (ie Brooklyn Machine Works)

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
No urban on clipless!!:mad: It's not allowed! Ride flats and learn. It will suck at first but you will learn to control your bike instead of dragging it along with you.:D

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Besides I bunny hop way higher with flats. 3 feet or more! I couldn't do it with clipless, I felt to restricted in my movements.:eek:

slowSSer

mnoeky
Aug 14, 2002
Stepford
Originally posted by Lexx D
No urban on clipless!!:mad: It's not allowed! Ride flats and learn. It will suck at first but you will learn to control your bike instead of dragging it along with you.:D
sorta what im thinking with the Z pedal.

all the urb ive done has been on my SS'es and clipped in, so this machine should be either killer or a death wish :D

slowSSer

mnoeky
Aug 14, 2002
Stepford
Originally posted by Lexx D
Besides I bunny hop way higher with flats. 3 feet or more! I couldn't do it with clipless, I felt to restricted in my movements.:eek:
definitely a needed skill.