Quantcast

On the Snow & Ice at Stewart

firemandivi

They drank my Tooters
Sep 7, 2006
a state called denial
This is my first ride report, and I'm only writing it because I was the one with the Camera. How Rob didn't have a camera in the huge CamelPak is beyond me. But I digress. It was actually warmer then weather.com was predicting, which was okay with all of us. There was still about an inch or two of snow to slow us down.

Here's Bluebug on a dropoff onto a small frozen stream...wasn't too frozen

Here's Rob hitting the same dropoff.

Why his came out so good I don't know :disgust1: , but I am jealous:)

Here's FroestBiker hitting the dropoff

Here's myself

How no one else has been out here since it snowed is beyond me. It was nice and quiet. We didn't even see another person the whole time.

Here's the group, minus yours truely

The entire ride we only had one problem, someone was pedaling too hard while shifting....I think. And they ended up bending the
chain.

Fixed it quickly and on the trails in no time flat.

Unfortunately I had to leave early to work on my house. I got no more than 100 yards from the group and came upon a stream that we’ve crossed hundreds of times. This time it was ice, and it didn’t look that solid so rode over it very slowly, half way across I had no traction and did a nice 180 on the bike before I was sliding across the ice. It was pretty funny, but no one saw it :picsstfu: I’ll leave it to the rest of the group to say if they also went that way and fell on the ice.

Hey wait a second! I wasn't sliding into a bunch of tree branches.

As I crested the hill I saw that a dead tree was mischievously creeping towards the edge of the trail threatening all users with its unclean branches.

Without a thought for my own safety, I hurled the bike underneath me hanging on to it with my feet and launched myself at this dreadnought of twisted appendages using the weight of my body and bike combined to crush it into submission!

After I was was through with this battle it was safe for the rest of you to pass.

It may have look like a ungainly fall, but I consider it trail maintenance!:twitch:

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.

As I crested the hill I saw that a dead tree was mischievously creeping towards the edge of the trail threatening all users with its unclean branches.

Without a thought for my own safety, I hurled the bike underneath me hanging on to it with my feet and launched myself at this dreadnought of twisted appendages using the weight of my body and bike combined to crush it into submission!

After I was was through with this battle it was safe for the rest of you to pass.

It may have look like a ungainly fall, but I consider it trail maintenance!:twitch:
Trail maintainance that made my bust out laughing.

Divi, my Hydrapack is NOT a bottomless pit. I did need to leave some room for extra clothing just in case, you know?

Nice pics. The snow makes it all a lot harder.

firemandivi

They drank my Tooters
Sep 7, 2006
a state called denial
Forest_Biker, I luv the new avatar :clapping:

Trail maintainance that made my bust out laughing.

Divi, my Hydrapack is NOT a bottomless pit. I did need to leave some room for extra clothing just in case, you know?

Nice pics. The snow makes it all a lot harder.
Rob...Tht pack is so large you could fit an entire film crew in it

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson

Ok, now you BETTER send me some writing for our zine ;)