Quantcast

On trail snack

Yeti DHer

I post here but I'm still better than you
Sep 7, 2001
The Foothills
What hes trying to say is....

A Perfect Quick Snack on the trail are some Pickles with Ketchup on them, Im not joking.

Another Good One is a Bannana(sp?)

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I use peanut butter and honey sandwiches on my deathmarch day. Of course, bars, gels, and apples too. I have a little tupperware thing that fits a sandwich perfectly. I also bring trail mix sometimes.

Originally posted by I Are Baboon
On long rides (three or more hours), I carry a package of Fig Newtons in my CamelBak. :thumb: For shorter rides, I stick to Clif Bars and GU.
I'm with you on the Fig Newtons. I usually have a package in my Camelback.

Oh, and Yeti DH'er, banana is the right spelling. Also, put an apostrophe in hes, making it he's. :D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I heard that a great snack is a dried apricot, stuck under the elastic legband on your shorts. By mid-ride, it's magically rehydrated and ready to eat, if only a bit salty. :D

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by Toshi
I heard that a great snack is a dried apricot, stuck under the elastic legband on your shorts. By mid-ride, it's magically rehydrated and ready to eat, if only a bit salty. :D
I don't stick them under the elastic legband of my shorts, but I do bring a little baggy of dried apricots on my rides sometimes, they're great. Oh, almonds too.

Lucee

govenor
Jan 16, 2002
nor cal
Originally posted by Jekyll800
figs are ok but i still like pickles
Okay, long rides, bagels are where it's at!! No joke, you may laugh, cuz they're so dry, but, it gets ya to drink up!! I could go all day on a sesame bagel, & a packet of choc gu.
Also, how do you pack in said pickle??:oink:

Lucee

govenor
Jan 16, 2002
nor cal
Originally posted by Ethyyl
Ugh. Pickles. All I can imagine is burping that back up later in the ride.:rolleyes:

Pre-ride =slug down 2 scoops of metabolol in a waterbottle
it gets water in you before you start,
during the ride take a cliff or luna bar and 2 packs of gu
LOTS of water.

:blah: Not that metabolol crap again!! There is something seriously wrong w/the way that stuff goes down.
If I drink it, will I be able to keep up w/you???

Lucee

govenor
Jan 16, 2002
nor cal
Originally posted by Ethyyl
it's like spinach to Popey!

Seriously, though. It's got stuff that your muscles need right away while working and for recovery. Yeah, you won't find the stuff served at a five star resturaunt, but once it's choked down (and stays down) it helps for durning the ride.
Well, if the key is keeping it down, I'm in big trouble!!:(

ATXjimATX

the artist formerly known as OldDickDynamite
Oct 4, 2001
Austin, TEXAS
i just tried to imagine what pickles and ketchup would do to me in the middle of a 100degree summer ride. i can't spell the sound it would cause me to make, nor can i draw the face it would make me have; but i wish i could.

pre ride i likes to be sure i get some fat in there in case the carbs get all burnt up. i like a lot of coffee too.
i know it'll dehydrate you; but i drink LOTS of water. sometimes i throw a water bottle filled with iced espresso or coffe in to the pocket of my camelback.
sometimes bring an apple and a little jar of peanut butter, slice the old apple up and dip it in the pb... mmmm mmm good.
although, you need to be packin quite a bit of water if peanut butter is involved.
then of course you have what i like to call "the original protein bar and health food" ----BACON! ;)

and of course, follow the ride with a nice serving of Colon Blow! !!! hehe
ColonBlow is real. I am scared, yet intrigued. just don't look at the pictures they link to on the front page down at the bottom. eeeewwww.
:D

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
and of course, follow the ride with a nice serving of Colon Blow! !!! hehe
ColonBlow is real. I am scared, yet intrigued. just don't look at the pictures they link to on the front page down at the bottom. eeeewwww.
:D [/B][/QUOTE]

That has got to be a joke. no really ,please tell me thats a joke.:D

Lucee

govenor
Jan 16, 2002
nor cal
Originally posted by MtnBikerChk
Colonblow (and SuperColonBlow) is from an old Saturday Night Live commercial.
I just checked out the site, & it's real. It's funny how it draws you in at the same time it makes you wanna run far far away.
Who's gonna use it first??

ATXjimATX

the artist formerly known as OldDickDynamite
Oct 4, 2001
Austin, TEXAS
like i said,
i am scared yet intrigued. i read a couple years back about this sort of reetreat place on an island off the coast of thailand (aslmost rhymes hehe) where they have a program that consists of a vitamin-type fast and regular (very regular) coffee enemas and enemas of some other sort as well. supposed to clean you like nothing else. probably get gum you swallowed when you were a kid outta ya. that sounds intriguing, but mighty expensive and a bit procedurally gross.
colonblow sounds more convenient; but i am still a bit weirded out by it.
i like their t-shirts:
colonblow tshirts
hehe

hellokitty

Chimp
Feb 10, 2002
San Diego
I'm new to mountain biking, but I'm a long-distance runner...

I like a bowl of oatmeal an hour before the long run/ride, a banana and sports drink during, and then orange juice afterwards.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
i take figs w/ me on rides over 3 n a half hours. anything under that i just generaly use hammer gel (only thing my stomach can take and WORKS GREAT!!!) and one bottle of some sort of energy drink.