Quantcast

On why large corporations should not exist

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Wow, this cuts deep

I texted one of the people I knew who worked there and asked if he'd been laid off. His response was something like "fuck no, quit that shitshow last year, currently traveling the world funemployed and blowing the obscene amount of googlebux they gave me those few years"

as "workers" do

The massage therapists are going to be more hurt by this than any direct operational employee

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
gonna miss those cardboard flavored fries an in n' out!

I ate a chipotle once with a coworker and we agreed the meat smelled like alpo

It's amazing how fast they went from "no one wants to work here anymore, here's 20 bucks/hr" to "fuck you, too bad"
In and Out here isn't doable because it's always packed and 200 cars in the drive thru, so I haven't had it since my last trip to California. I've honestly never had Chipotle and I know I'm not missing anything.

What's crazy is we actually have a few food carts in town now. We have McDonald's, Taco Bell, Burgerville, and just added Popeyes. But there is a pod by the Safeway that has a few solid options and another pod with pizza and our favorite Kimbo. It will be interesting to see if they survive, they can't make much out here.

Folks are pisses because Taco Bell closes at like 10 now due to staffing. Folks have options so nobody is willing to work for $15. Can't say I blame them..

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I texted one of the people I knew who worked there and asked if he'd been laid off. His response was something like "fuck no, quit that shitshow last year, currently traveling the world funemployed and blowing the obscene amount of googlebux they gave me those few years"

as "workers" do

The massage therapists are going to be more hurt by this than any direct operational employee
it is great that jugs pelosi dumped three million dollars worth of google stock before the DOJ lawsuit....

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Last edited:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

My new gig starts in office until I get shit running, then I can do it from home at least 3 days a week. You don't always have to be in-person to collaborate.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Google plays "hot rack"

some of the sites for other business units run by my parent company don't even have assigned seats anymore. there are lockers where people can store personal belongings, then any desk that's open is available.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
some of the sites for other business units run by my parent company don't even have assigned seats anymore. there are lockers where people can store personal belongings, then any desk that's open is available.
We had "hotel cubes" that were for folks traveling or folks who WFH solely, but a personal cube is something I haven't cherished in a while. When Flatrock folded in '01 and I had to box up all my personal crap, I realized how shitty it was. Since then, I don't even bring pictures or anything to put on my desk. Snacks in a drawer and stolen office supplies are all I have now.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
We had "hotel cubes" that were for folks traveling or folks who WFH solely, but a personal cube is something I haven't cherished in a while. When Flatrock folded in '01 and I had to box up all my personal crap, I realized how shitty it was. Since then, I don't even bring pictures or anything to put on my desk. Snacks in a drawer and stolen office supplies are all I have now.
Post-covid, 50% of our office is now reservable "hotelling" cubes. Engineering and management are the only ones with reserved spots, owing to their frequent presence in the office. Everyone else was deemed remote and lost their assigned cube.

Either way, I'm with you. I have a water bottle, coffee mug, and some basic office supplies. No sense dressing up my cube when experience has shown I'll end up moving once every year or so.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Post-covid, 50% of our office is now reservable "hotelling" cubes. Engineering and management are the only ones with reserved spots, owing to their frequent presence in the office. Everyone else was deemed remote and lost their assigned cube.

Either way, I'm with you. I have a water bottle, coffee mug, and some basic office supplies. No sense dressing up my cube when experience has shown I'll end up moving once every year or so.
the sites i'm talking about don't even have reservations. it's first come, first served.

our site has thus far been able to resist for the sheer amount of development samples that R&D (including my functional group) possesses at any given time.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Like cancer!
This is an issue with a lot of tech companies. Wall Street wants to see "growth" and for most that means hiring folks. But if you don't have a need, then what good is having all these new hires? I mean, if Meta can scrap 21k folks that easy, makes you wonder what most of those folks were actually doing.

Bobs.jpg