Quantcast

On why large corporations should not exist

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wtf:

Just how, can it be worse? :twitch:
Never heard of Taco John's....and I'm thinking that is a good thing.
I was in my late 20's when I happened upon a Taco John's in Wyoming for the first time. I personally have only seen them in WY, the Dakota's and within the last decade, here in CO. If you never step foot in one, consider yourself fortunate.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I was in my late 20's when I happened upon a Taco John's in Wyoming for the first time. I personally have only seen them in WY, the Dakota's and within the last decade, here in CO. If you never step foot in one, consider yourself fortunate.
it's called taco JOHNS because that's where you'll end up after eating their tacos

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I was under the impression, that to bring in a foreign worker, you need to demonstrate that you can not find a qualified domestic worker? What am I confusing?
bring in means in person. which yes, is often the case. but a lot of times they are working from their home country via a contract agency.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I was under the impression, that to bring in a foreign worker, you need to demonstrate that you can not find a qualified domestic worker? What am I confusing?
that's how canada works

in america you just have to prove that you can make money off of them, even illegally (like 98% of the agricultural labor here). And you can get away with it until fox news tells you it's a big deal and then they start enforcing laws.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
that's how canada works

in america you just have to prove that you can make money off of them, even illegally (like 98% of the agricultural labor here). And you can get away with it until fox news tells you it's a big deal and then they start enforcing laws.

Ah, so loopholes and willfully looking the other way. What a system!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Screenshot_20230714_224328_Instagram.jpg

support tanker for super yacht "here comes the sun"

the oceans need more pirates....

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

X-post for "healthcare reform"
"the program had good intentions, but its design has encouraged maximizing profit over helping patients in need."

I mean... who could have ever predicted that healthcare programs administered by for-profit companies might turn out like this. :confused: :disgust:

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Make sure to reduce your carbon footprint so the ultra-rich can burn 1000 liters of diesel per hour on their super-yachts.

It really is time to sharpen the guillotines.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.