Quantcast

On why large corporations should not exist

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I'm guessing that there is just too much high priced real estate involved. Better to waste the peon's time, money and mental health than have to deal with losses incurred by empty office space. Work from home just causes rich people to lose money. That can not be allowed to happen.
As usual, your interpretations are far more accurate that 99% of any and all coverage on a topic.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I'm guessing that there is just too much high priced real estate involved. Better to waste the peon's time, money and mental health than have to deal with losses incurred by empty office space. Work from home just causes rich people to lose money. That can not be allowed to happen.
They just finished the LeBron James building, that bitch ain't gonna sit empty!

If you've never seen the world headquarters, it's pretty impressive. I haven't been there in a while but it's right down the street from my office.

Screenshot_20231029-184931.png

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
They just finished the LeBron James building, that bitch ain't gonna sit empty!

If you've never seen the world headquarters, it's pretty impressive. I haven't been there in a while but it's right down the street from my office.

View attachment 202826
What's truly impressive is needing 300 acres and 75 buildings, all to plaster a swoosh, silhouette, and/or slogan on all manner of things.

Gimme like 30 minutes and Dianne in shipping, we'll transform a pallet of Hanes beefy T's into Jordan air force 1 limited edition hand crafted shirts in a jiff.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
What's truly impressive is needing 300 acres and 75 buildings, all to plaster a swoosh, silhouette, and/or slogan on all manner of things.

Gimme like 30 minutes and Dianne in shipping, we'll transform a pallet of Hanes beefy T's into Jordan air force 1 limited edition hand crafted shirts in a jiff.
They have an innovation center!

I remember setting up a system for some executive who had a top corner of Nolan Ryan overlooking the reflecting pool. I set his system up looking out the window. He got pissed and wanted his back to the window with the blinds drawn so there isn't a glare.

So it was nice to know the assholes with nice offices and views appreciated it like I would. :rofl:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
I want to be clear.

I have no bad feelings towards Kidwoo and want and like his posts.

I also have no bad opinions about anyone else on this forum.

Billionaires typically do not provide any redeeming qualities and I care not for their well-being.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Grocery shopping in NZ is a corporate duopoly that is pretty fucked, price gouging is the norm.

So as well as their "Loyalty" card offering discounts that are not really discounts.

A Consumer NZ analysis of loyalty card specials at New World and Woolworths found 75 percent of special loyalty prices could be found cheaper elsewhere.
You are agreeing to so fairly indepth surveillance.

The privacy of shoppers signed up for Woolworths' new loyalty card Everyday Rewards has been questioned with the fine print revealing the supermarket can record licence plates, capture video and audio of customers and link them to membership numbers.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Because fuck you.

Turns out GM sells individual customer driving data — based on those OnStar Smart Driver results — to data brokers who then create and sell “risk reports” for insurance companies checking up on current and potential customers. In other words, your Corvette is tracking how you drive. And if you drive a Corvette like it was meant to be driven, you may find your insurance bills going up dramatically. (Even if you have never caused an accident or gotten a speeding ticket.)