Quantcast

On why large corporations should not exist

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
You know seriously fuck these guys….IBM guy got nearly $7M in “non-equity incentive plans, travel and security expenses.” That’s on top of his pay and bonus.

The craziest thing is that his “compensation” is actually not that wild compared to others. These douchebags are dragging their feet on a $500k order from my team for the last 10 months. Guess they were pinching pennies to cover exec “compensation.”

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
I fucking hate what corporate-think does to people.

I have a corporate engineer that wants to buy a piece of equipment from me. 110 VAC main hookup that powers a half dozen low voltage DC components (cameras, lights and motors). Customer is on a tight deadline, but we turn around our end of the work (techinical proposal, pricing, etc.) in days, which is fast at this scope.

Weeks later another engineering team at this corporate customer wants to review our design to make sure it meets their design specifications and requirements. The stupidity is that the specs and refs are for a usage case that has nothing to do with our product, BUT are a corporate requirement “for anything with a motor.” “We’ve gotta check this box to get corporate approval…”

In the time that these guys have been dithering and dicking, we could’ve had this built…

/rant. For all I know one of you could work for these jokers. Hell you might be in the meeting tomorrow morning… corporate fucking engineers…

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I fucking hate what corporate-think does to people.

I have a corporate engineer that wants to buy a piece of equipment from me. 110 VAC main hookup that powers a half dozen low voltage DC components (cameras, lights and motors). Customer is on a tight deadline, but we turn around our end of the work (techinical proposal, pricing, etc.) in days, which is fast at this scope.

Weeks later another engineering team at this corporate customer wants to review our design to make sure it meets their design specifications and requirements. The stupidity is that the specs and refs are for a usage case that has nothing to do with our product, BUT are a corporate requirement “for anything with a motor.” “We’ve gotta check this box to get corporate approval…”

In the time that these guys have been dithering and dicking, we could’ve had this built…

/rant. For all I know one of you could work for these jokers. Hell you might be in the meeting tomorrow morning… corporate fucking engineers…
i think that's less of an issue with either of those individuals, but more that sometimes corps get so large the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
i think that's less of an issue with either of those individuals, but more that sometimes corps get so large the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing.
That’s only half of it though. The corporate world has everyone so fucking afraid to make a decision…I literally just got done with a 45 min call with 5 people - everyone of them looking for someone else to make the call. It was like the fucking spiderman meme…

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

In recent years, a number of corporations have come under fire from various entities for paying little to no taxes, which is the result of a system designed to promote business growth and job creation. Additionally, many corporate CEOs have also drawn criticism for their large salaries, too. As Ford Authority reported last week, Blue Oval CEO Jim Farley raked in around $26 million in total compensation in 2023,