Quantcast

Once again....tires.

Tayrob

Monkey
Jan 3, 2008
Ok,I know there's been a million threads on tires but i'm looking for a kinda different tire.The trails I ride all winter are mostly soft,loamy,clay type dirt that when wet packs up just about any regular tire(Minion,Nevegal,Descent),but the kick is there's also a fair amount of hardpack.So basically i'm looking for a tire that'll clear itself out,yet won't be like an ice rink on the hardpack.

I found a few that seem to be what i'm looking for...
-Intense Intruder.
-Conti Rain King.
-Geax Detura(I believe that's the one.)
-Schwalbe Muddy Mary.
Anyone ride any of those in similar conditions or have any other ideas?
Would lower profile spikes work?(Specialized Storm,Schwalbe Dirty Dan).
I'm tired of running a packed up Minion in the front all winter,haha.
Any help is awesome.
Thanks!

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
This topic has been covered a million times, try the search. But I would suggest the Conti Der Kaiser, the conditions around here are similar to what you describe, and it clears well and grips very good. Not to mention its sticky but somehow doesn't wear as fast as Maxxis stuff (even 3C).

Tayrob

Monkey
Jan 3, 2008
Der Kaiser's clear out pretty good? I really like Conti,everyone says the black chili compound is awesome and I like that their DH tires are folding bead.

And i've thought about going with cut Wetscreams,but that's why I mentioned the Storm and Dirty Dan.They both seem to be an already cut Wetscream,plus the Storm tire is much cheaper.