Quantcast

Once again.. Where are the car audio monkies..?

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
Beech Mtn Definitely NOT Boulder
Sooo right now I have loud, obnoxious bass in my car and I'm looking into downsizing. I have two 12" Polk Audio MMs running on 750w a piece at 4ohms right now. I know most of you guys that do have subs have sensible sized systems so I think this is a good place to go for suggestions. I was thinking along the lines of one 10" or 12" sub. Budget would be under $400 for just a sub or under $600 for a sub/amp combo.

Current setup is:
Clarion FZ502
Rockford Fosgate Punch 200.2
Quantum Audio 1500.1
2x Alpine Type-R 6.5" co-ax
2x Polk Audio MM 6.5" co-ax
2x Polk Audio MM1240dvc
Raptor 1 farad cap
All 4ga wire

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
Beech Mtn Definitely NOT Boulder
bean- I have a knob that adjusts the input voltage to the sub amp but it's almost always turned down to 1/4 to 1/2 volume to tune it to the music. I don't see the need having a sub box that takes up over half my trunk if I'm only going to use half of the power.

And blackohio- Before I got the 12"s I had two Polk 8"s on 300w and I really liked them, but I like how the bigger drivers hit the really low bass and I just couldn't get that out of the 8"s. For a while I had all 4 subs in the car with the x-over on the 8"s on full range and it sounded amazing but the loss trunk space was unbearable so I had to take them out and I ended up selling them.

Last edited: