Quantcast

One-A-Day Weightsmart

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
http://www.one-a-day.com/products/weightsmart.shtml

Anyone know anything about this stuff? My wife asked me about it the other day. I don't buy into fad diets and miracle pills and such, but One-A-Day is a pretty reputable multivitamin, and these things appear to be pretty harmless. She's been eating better and trying to workout more, but she's got a pretty bad back (slipped, possibly chipped disk in her lower back), so the workouts are tough.

Heck... if it really does anything for metabolism, I might take them too.

Please, don't just bash them as a crutch for people who want to lose weight - We all know diet and exercise is the best option. Only constructive commets please.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
jacksonpt said:
http://www.one-a-day.com/products/weightsmart.shtml

Anyone know anything about this stuff? My wife asked me about it the other day. I don't buy into fad diets and miracle pills and such, but One-A-Day is a pretty reputable multivitamin, and these things appear to be pretty harmless. She's been eating better and trying to workout more, but she's got a pretty bad back (slipped, possibly chipped disk in her lower back), so the workouts are tough.

Heck... if it really does anything for metabolism, I might take them too.

Please, don't just bash them as a crutch for people who want to lose weight - We all know diet and exercise is the best option. Only constructive commets please.
Try to find some actual scientific information about it. The "with EGCG (a natural extract of green tea) to enhance your metabolism" claim screams at the skeptic in me............

-S.S.-

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
yea... I've found a handful of people saying this kind of thing:

"It's safe -- but don't expect to drop a dress size. Studies suggest that EGCG may have modest calorie-burning benefits, but the amount proven effective is much higher than the amount in WeightSmart. Extra B vitamins and chromium won't boost weight loss."

We both already take multivitamins (store brand Centrums)... so my wife was wondering if there would be any added benefit to the one-a-days.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
jacksonpt said:
yea... I've found a handful of people saying this kind of thing:

"It's safe -- but don't expect to drop a dress size. Studies suggest that EGCG may have modest calorie-burning benefits, but the amount proven effective is much higher than the amount in WeightSmart. Extra B vitamins and chromium won't boost weight loss."

We both already take multivitamins (store brand Centrums)... so my wife was wondering if there would be any added benefit to the one-a-days.
Like someone once told me - if you're ingesting more vitamins than your body can use, you're literally pissing your money away. :D

-S.S.-

Edit: I've got an idea - why not add green tea into your diet? Seems that's a decent way to get whatever that "great stuff" is in the pill. :thumb: