Quantcast

One album you think everyone should own

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Agreed - I don't understand how that one always fly's under the radar.
i can see how... it's a double length recording (when it was first released it was 3 vinyls) that covers an widely large range of styles - reggae to gospel(ish) to folk to rockabilly - from a band that was at the time, and to this day, regarded largely as a rock band.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
This was my first CD.

I'll still listen to it occasionally

Lots of good stuff on it.

And this:

I got that big box set when it came out, so I don't actually have this album, but all the songs on IV seem to be the ones I like best

Last edited:

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
This is the first CD I ever had, I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when I received it and I listened to it straight through twice

I agree. That album is almost 17yrs old and still is badass.

I was in 6th grade and got it "free" from Columbia House. It was 1 of 6...no clue what the others were.

Well, then again, there are some albums listed here from the stoneage, so I guess 17 isn't all that old.

Last edited:

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
I agree. That album is almost 17yrs old and still is badass.

I was in 6th grade and got it "free" from Columbia House. It was 1 of 6...no clue what the others were.

Well, then again, there are some albums listed here from the stoneage, so I guess 17 isn't all that old.
Funny, that's exactly how I received the CD. My mom was in those Columbia House monthly CD clubs and she got that one free, handed it to me and said "I think you'll like this band."

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
If I where to suggest a Pink Floyd album it would be a toss up between Meddle and Umma Gumma.

Meddle for Echos and Umma Gumma for the live versions of Careful with That Axe Eugene, Astronomy Domain and Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun.
i threw out 'wish as an everyman floyd album, you went all graduate like w/the
bdsom (before dark...)

one of these days...im going to cut you into little pieces along w/that bass lick is just epic

Tetreault

Monkey
Nov 23, 2005
SoMeWhErE NoWhErE
HOW has this NOT been posted already?@!?!??

lots of classics are being shown, i got into a discussion with a friend of mine as to what will be considered good albums from the last decade (the 00's) ten years from now? anyone have any ideas.

my taste points to these