Quantcast

ONE bike to rule them all (Caution: MTB related)

Jul 21, 2002
maine
I have had a Prophet for over a month now and It is the best bike I have owned to date. The faster I ride it the funner it becomes. I opted to buy just the frame and and running a Nixon on the front. I like the 67 degree head tube setting but it does make the bottom bracket a bit low for 175mm cranks but I have adjusted. It is the bike I have been waiting to own.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Looks like a cool bikey, they're supposed to have some at my lbs comin in soon i'll have to spin it around when they get some in stock....

:)

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Skookum said:
Looks like a cool bikey, they're supposed to have some at my lbs comin in soon i'll have to spin it around when they get some in stock....

:)
Hey, what are you riding now? Do you still have the VT? How did you like that thing? And did you have an enduro before that? Compare and contrast please....
Would you by chance consider buying a bike like this after owning those two others?

Reason I ask is, this will be my first all mountain bike to own...

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
BurlyShirley said:
Hey, what are you riding now? Do you still have the VT? How did you like that thing? And did you have an enduro before that? Compare and contrast please....
Would you by chance consider buying a bike like this after owning those two others?

Reason I ask is, this will be my first all mountain bike to own...
I'm not Skookum, but I can give a partial answer. I have a VT now and really like it. I have owned XC HTs, FR bikes, CX bikes and DH bikes (still have the latter two) but I find the VT the most versatile and usable. I definitely ride it more than either of my other bikes. It's not too much slower than an XC bike on climbs and flats and it makes up for it on the downhills and tech sections. If you buy one of the models listed by Cannondale and not a frame, it should be awesome as the weight will be kept down. All mountain bikes are great. If I could have only one bike, it would probably be a 5-6" all mtn of some kind.

I have yet to ride or see one, but the prophet looks awesome. I like my bikes with something like DH race geo. so the low/slack position would be great. The VT is reasonably slack but I wouldn't mind if it were kicked out a few degrees and lowered as I never smack my pedals. I was always impressed with C'dale when I worked at a dealer. Their bikes were nice, CS was good and they were always well thought out (for the most part). The Lefty was okay but the Lefty Max blew me away with the quality of construction and travel it had.