Quantcast

One dayer slayer

WARider

Monkey
May 21, 2003
So these one dayer up and back trips that my friend keeps talking me into is getting very tiresome. Don't get me wrong, I love riding Whistler but man isn't there some stuff this side of the boarder like the shore or Whistler?

Lets see, I've done Devils gulch, Rat pac, ridge roller, the two exit locations off of I-90, Tiger Mtn., Victor falls, and one long a$$ hike to the top of Crystal mtn..., and of course several trips across the boarder.

Am I missing out on any other rides here in Washington worth the trip?

I've heard about Capitol Forest shuttle which I think we are going to do, and I've heard of an epic 15+ mile long downhill in hood river somewhere.

I just want to make sure I hit up all the spots before I pick my favorites and stick to em. Where's the goods fella's?

Tully

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
Seattle, WA
Exit 34. Go to transitionbikes.com, and dowload the preston FR video--it was filmed at 34.

Colonnade Park is going to have a some FR and XC trails, and I believe it'll be covered by I-90 (it's in Seattle, and will hopefully be ready before too long).

WARider

Monkey
May 21, 2003
Tully said:
Exit 34. Go to transitionbikes.com, and dowload the preston FR video--it was filmed at 34.

Colonnade Park is going to have a some FR and XC trails, and I believe it'll be covered by I-90 (it's in Seattle, and will hopefully be ready before too long).
Sick,

Thanks Tully, where's that shot from in their 2004 transition bike video from? The location at the beginning with open trails and cliff drops.

WARider

Monkey
May 21, 2003
Tully said:

Oh yeah, that place looks pimp! Seems like a trail that's similar to 27 only for us guys who don't do 30 foot creek gaps... ;) Care to pm me some directions, is it hard to find?

So what's the story with this Colonnade park? I haven't heard anything about it, been riding and moving, not much finger talking online as of late.

~J

WARider

Monkey
May 21, 2003
Where's the location of the Dirtbag video, the first part before they shoot Whistler??? That is more of my MT skills and reminds me of home, looks friggin' pimp!

Tully

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
Seattle, WA
I'm pretty sure that the beginning of the Dirtbag video is in Leavenworth, but you might want to e-mail them and ask. As for 34, I've never been there, but I hope to go pretty soon. You might want to post a thread asking someone to PM you the directions.

As for Colonnade Park, it will be on covered, currently unused, land under I-90. I think BBTC is directing the project.

Langer

Monkey
Mar 27, 2004
Hiding
Transitions freeride pics show the smooth downhill with the roadgap being Tres Hombres. Looks like its in eastern washington and fun too! Tre Four is very difficult to get to. I think its builders did that for a reason :think: . If anyone wants to go to Tre Hombres Im down to go!

WARider

Monkey
May 21, 2003
Langer I've got a bro in town for two days (Mon. & Tues.) and I want to take him on some PNW trails that are worthy of big bike haulin'. If you want to show us the way, we'd be much obliged!

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
WARider said:
Langer I've got a bro in town for two days (Mon. & Tues.) and I want to take him on some PNW trails that are worthy of big bike haulin'. If you want to show us the way, we'd be much obliged!
34 is fun, but you have to be willing to hike. It is a long push to the top.
Don't try and do it in less than 3-4 hours

Langer

Monkey
Mar 27, 2004
Hiding
I have to work all week and also have a wedding to go to this weekend. Its a new job and I cant show up half dead from "hike a biken". I could meet up for a morning jam session at south seatac since its close and easy to get to. As far as trail guide stuff goes, I'll PM you in two weeks with details.

Later
Chris

Bullitrider

Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
Seattle
The "15 miles" you are refering to is on the Washington side of the Columbia directly across from Hood River. It's called the Sincline. One long down hill that skirts a 200 ft cliff most of the way down. Try to stay on the winding trail for max difficulty or just point it through the grass fields for the high speed mach'ems. Near the bottom is the "little Moab" area with rock drops aplenty. Some 20 ft or higher if you got the cojones. Post Canyon 2 mins outside of Hood River has all the stunts you need.