Quantcast

One Down, One to go

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Today marks the last day of my first year of grad school. I have a final at 8 am and poster presentations this afternoon, and then I am done. I am super stoked. I start my (mandatory) internship next week. (fingers crossed that its going to be paid) I can already tell that its going to be a great summer. This is my last one as a student. Been riding my bike to work daily (and plan on keeping it up throughout the summer) and already have a bitchin (bike related) road trip to California in the works.

This is my token end of the semester post, good luck to all you monkeys who haven't finished up for the year yet.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
TreeSaw said:
YEAH!!! The time certainly does fly, doesn't it. Congratulations and good luck on your final!

No joke. I'll be done before I know it and then I'll just be another working stiff. I've become quite fond of the student label. I may be lost without it.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
laura said:
No joke. I'll be done before I know it and then I'll just be another working stiff. I've become quite fond of the student label. I may be lost without it.
I miss being in school, if nothing else for the variety (of course the boozing and girls had a certain draw). I get some variety in my job but in the end its the same crap day after day after day. But hey at this rate I'll be done working, in what, 15 to 20 years....... oh lord.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
So when you learn so much do you have to change skulls as a result of the size of your brain increasing so much? Kinda like a hermit crab?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Congrats!!!

I thought you were totally done but after re-reading your post I see it's only the end of your first year.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
stosh said:
Congrats!!!

I thought you were totally done but after re-reading your post I see it's only the end of your first year.

shortest year of my life, although i bet next year is shorter.