Quantcast

One for the Baltimore citizens (today's joke)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
A football scout informs Baltimore Ravens owner Art Modell of a young Iraqi quarterback that he thinks will turn out to be a true superstar. Modell flies to Baghdad to watch him, is suitably impressed, and arranges for him to come over to Baltimore.

Two weeks later Baltimore is down 21-0 to the Redskins with only 20 minutes left. The head coach gives the young Iraqi QB the nod and in he goes. The kid is a sensation, throws 5 TD passes in 20 minutes, and wins the game for Batimore.

The fans are delighted, the players and coaches are delighted and the media love the new star. When the player comes off the field he phones his mother to tell her about his first day in the NFL.

"Hello mom, guess what?" he says. " I played for 20 minutes today, we were down 21-0, but I threw 5 TD's and we won. Everybody loves me, the fans, the media, they all love me."

"Wonderful," says his mom. "Let me tell you about my day. Your father got shot and badly wounded in the street, your sister and I were ambushed and roughed up and your brother has joined a gang of looters, while you were having a great time."

The kid is very upset. "What can I say, mom, but I'm so sorry."

"Sorry!" says his mom, "You should be! It's your ****ing fault we moved to Baltimore in the first place!"

Matt H

Monkey
Aug 8, 2005
Maryland (Baltimore area)
mack said:
this reminds me.

Isnt the super bowl soon? who is playing.
LOL that joke has too much truth to it....this place can be pretty crazy.

The superbowl was a couple of months ago....problem is, only one team showed up. Seattle was no where to be found that evening.

Matt H

Monkey
Aug 8, 2005
Maryland (Baltimore area)
Jeremy R said:
No, its just that a regular prick just did not seem "enough" to describe Modell. ( I actually have Cleveland Browns fans in my family. :nonono: )
They should be thankful, they got their football team back after it took off in the night, after a few years.

Baltimore waited a decade and got named after a scavenger bird! :)

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
BTW, the arresting officer of the podunks who were tresspassing on a public street claimed the driver "grabbed her pen".

Good one!