Quantcast

One for Toshi - keep gas prices high!

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I can currently afford to drive to work at just over $5.29/US Gallon. I'd say I'm at my threshold right now.

I'm one of those folks that refuses to spend 3+ hours on public transit daily for the sake of the planet. If gas got much more expensive, I'd look into demanding a company gas card or finding a job closer to home.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
I can currently afford to drive to work at just over $5.29/US Gallon. I'd say I'm at my threshold right now.

I'm one of those folks that refuses to spend 3+ hours on public transit daily for the sake of the planet. If gas got much more expensive, I'd look into demanding a company gas card or finding a job closer to home.
Word. My daily transit commute would be 2 hours 10 minutes on a good day. My drive would be around 1 hour 50 minutes in regular traffic (and vastly more expensive since I've got a free transit pass from work).

My bike commute is 2 hours flat. Sold.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I'm one of those folks that refuses to spend 3+ hours on public transit daily for the sake of the planet.
I do it for my pocket book mostly. Even at 45mpg, my motorcycle is still more expensive than the bus. plus I get a lot of reading done and I often get work done, too. So it's less time in the office.

My bike commute is 2 hours flat. Sold.
My bike commute is 90+ minutes each way if done 100%. If I take the bus half way and ride instead of transfer it's less than an hour total.

It's 30 min. by motorcycle. I am currently looking to move closer now that my wifes horse is stabled closer to the office.

Last edited:

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
I figured it would take $5 or a little over to get people to really change their habits.....I think if gas went to $10 we would see an exodus from the suburbs to the city.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
I am currently looking to move closer now that my wifes horse is stabled closer to the office.
i know what you mean - my wife's been xeriscaping to show more driveway. i'll have to talk sternly to my neighbors about eyeballing the sluice

MikeStanfill

Chimp
Mar 24, 2008
Alaska
The problem with 'plug it in cars' is that the electricity comes from a plant that most likely burns some product of oil. This just moves the gas engine to one central location that everyone feeds off of. In order to make this work out well, we need more natural power producing devices (ie, Windmills, dams, geothermal).

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
hee hee hee hee.....that sounds dirty....
it's this demonstration of your staggering intellect that makes an obviously jealous DRB haunt you, hoping you'll show some sign of weakness, of slowing, of faltering. sadly, nothing of the sort will be had, and soon all shall know the elusive mysteries of cancer, ass aides, & puppy love are in its last throes w/ you at the helm.

emily must be so proud