Quantcast

One more day until the last day of the working days GMT

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Someday my N+1 will come.... from Costco??

The "951 Series by Intense" currently includes two models, the 951 Trail and 951 XC. Both are carbon full-suspension bikes that are listed at $3,699 on Intense's new 951 website and $3,250 on Costco.com

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Visited with my cousin in North Andover last night. Onward to Maine. First stop, NH liquor store. Also need to find an oyster knife, as I forgot mine.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Doggies have been fed, my mug of Espresso is halfway consumed and I am totally relaxed...my day must be getting ready to go to hell... :D

Bevmo run sometime today to stock up beer for the weekend in the Sierras is a high priority on my to do list.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I work 2-5 pm today. Shall drop off kid 2 at horsie camp in an hour.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
20210624_065555.jpg

payphones....yosemite still has them...

seems i forgot to pack underwear...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Dawn patrol ride started at 5:40, descending 1300 verts before there was enough daylight up top meant some rocks were smashed in to that I'd normally avoid. Good times were had.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I used to love getting 9+ hours of sleep every night. The new dog has broken me of that, and now I am waking up on my own after 7+ hours, waking before the alarm clock most mornings and feeling fine. Sad!!

Anyway, I was up early today for a 7 mile run in sub-50 temps. It was awesome. We won't get many of those for the next few months. Bike ride after work.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Not even 11am and ready to swan dive off the deck, just to make it more painful when I hit the ground. Because it will be less painful than today so far.

MIL1 found a "well recommend" contractor to do the work on her condo in CA. He wouldn't give her a written estimate and the verbal estimate seemed about $20k low. After some serious pressure, we were able to get out of her that he's not licensed or insured. He was talking about painting over wallpaper, how the mold was "nothing to be concerned about", and that her insurance covered the work. Took another 30min to find out that the insurance company for the HOA told her that with work to the scale we're doing (down to studs reno) by unlicensed contractor, they would push all liability for a building-wide claim back to her. She's very pissy at us and not responding to emails, texts, or calls anymore.

She wanted to go with him, likely because he didn't judge the shit show that is her house and because he fell into her lap (ie no work). Within 15min I found the Santa Cruz builder's guild and submitted an RFP that will be distributed to all their members within 24 hours. This is a $50-80k reno with no need of timeline, so I would expect to get at least a few back. But it will require that I fly back to SF short notice to do them... Fucking ridiculous. She's been there for a fucking month and accomplished nothing.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Not even 11am and ready to swan dive off the deck, just to make it more painful when I hit the ground. Because it will be less painful than today so far.

MIL1 found a "well recommend" contractor to do the work on her condo in CA. He wouldn't give her a written estimate and the verbal estimate seemed about $20k low. After some serious pressure, we were able to get out of her that he's not licensed or insured. He was talking about painting over wallpaper, how the mold was "nothing to be concerned about", and that her insurance covered the work. Took another 30min to find out that the insurance company for the HOA told her that with work to the scale we're doing (down to studs reno) by unlicensed contractor, they would push all liability for a building-wide claim back to her. She's very pissy at us and not responding to emails, texts, or calls anymore.

She wanted to go with him, likely because he didn't judge the shit show that is her house and because he fell into her lap (ie no work). Within 15min I found the Santa Cruz builder's guild and submitted an RFP that will be distributed to all their members within 24 hours. This is a $50-80k reno with no need of timeline, so I would expect to get at least a few back. But it will require that I fly back to SF short notice to do them... Fucking ridiculous. She's been there for a fucking month and accomplished nothing.
Much like children, you need to let her learn her own lessons.

:homer:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Far fewer hours of sleep than beers drank last night made for a very groggy 6am climb up the local racetrack. The new wheels are remarkably and noticeably stiffer, and super duper bougie. Slogging through work for another hour or so, then loading the moving truck so we can move tomorrow. House went on the market last night...

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Last working day for me, since tomorrow I get cut up. Knee arthroscopy.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Much like children, you need to let her learn her own lessons.

:homer:
I wish it was that easy. This whole process is part of the retirement plan I put in place for her. Once we get a revenue stream coming in from the rental, even with a 2-3yr payback on cost, she will have more money coming to her monthly than she has ever had before in her life, and we will never have to touch principle. Ever. She's asked me to build this such that effectively 100% of principal and the properties pass through to Wifey. So... I need to do that. And doing that means fixing this place properly so as to remove as much liability as possible. It also means that I have to largely take her out of the loop when doing initial conversations with contractors, getting together quotes, and only then bringing her back into the loop when we're talking about what the reno will look like. I get to be an investment advisor on all fronts, if you will.

Atomic Dog

doesn't have a custom title yet.
Oct 22, 2002
In the basement at Weekly World News
I wish it was that easy. This whole process is part of the retirement plan I put in place for her. Once we get a revenue stream coming in from the rental, even with a 2-3yr payback on cost, she will have more money coming to her monthly than she has ever had before in her life, and we will never have to touch principle. Ever. She's asked me to build this such that effectively 100% of principal and the properties pass through to Wifey. So... I need to do that. And doing that means fixing this place properly so as to remove as much liability as possible. It also means that I have to largely take her out of the loop when doing initial conversations with contractors, getting together quotes, and only then bringing her back into the loop when we're talking about what the reno will look like. I get to be an investment advisor on all fronts, if you will.
At least make her do some pushups or something.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Met with an old college roommate of my wife's and her family last night who lives on the island. Drinks were had of course, so I too slept quite poorly. Fortunately I have nothing to do except lounge, possibly at the beach, and/or take a nap, also possibly at the beach.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Jeezus - it wasn't another "Take a Nap in the Van" type afternoons, was it?!? :dead:
We pedaled over to Coda, so no naps were required. We did end up at Columbine Cafe, drinking the second freshest Coors Banquet in town. Might go back over tonight to see some bluegrass, we'll see.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Ahh... the Inheritance Trap. SUCKAS! :D

Fortunately I have nothing to do except lounge, possibly at the beach, and/or take a nap, also possibly at the beach.
Just do it in the shade, Peely. :homer:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
OMG! You should at minimum flush it to clean it out a few times before final fill I would say. How old is that? Dot or mineral?
Don't even need to look at the lever in the background to know that that is from a Shimano brake, so mineral oil.

Whether you bleed them once or four times a year, mine have always spit out that colour fluid. :brow: :wacko:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Don't even need to look at the lever in the background to know that that is from a Shimano brake, so mineral oil.

Whether you bleed them once or four times a year, mine have always spit out that colour fluid. :brow: :wacko:
Wow, I have mostly shimano brakes, and I have never ever seen such dirty fluid in, well, a lot of years.