Quantcast

One more day until the last day of the working days GMT

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Wow, I have mostly shimano brakes, and I have never ever seen such dirty fluid in, well, a lot of years.
Maybe there is a trick to keeping them clean or something? :confused:

I have always been under the impression that the fluid becomes black because of bar metal in the lever..

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Maybe there is a trick to keeping them clean or something? :confused:

I have always been under the impression that the fluid becomes black because of bar metal in the lever..
The fluid goes the other way through the lever if you're south of the equator.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
View attachment 161625Here is the state of the rental market here.
A total of four 'rentals', this includes Alpine, star Valley, and Teton Valley, Idaho.
Given that there's only two of them are actual long term rental opportunities, now's the time to send the kids to military school and free up that bedroom.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Our retirement plan is to rent out the JH house for north of 7k a month. God knows what the market will be like in 10 more years. We are seeing more and more temperature refugees with gobs of money.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
OMG! You should at minimum flush it to clean it out a few times before final fill I would say. How old is that? Dot or mineral?
Mineral oil with probably 2.5 seasons since the last bleed. Everything was working fine until just the other day.

I flushed til clean stuff came through then called it good.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Mineral oil with probably 2.5 seasons since the last bleed. Everything was working fine until just the other day.

I flushed til clean stuff came through then called it good.
Heh, well OK — I almost certainly bleed and flush any set I am riding regularly at least twice a year even if they feel good, especially any dot model with a breather hole. Even ones I am not using much probably gonna get a look in some rainy weekend. I am a preventative maintenance (read: slightly anal perfectionist) kinda person. :D