Quantcast

One more reason to visit my country

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Many of you probably won't know about this, a couple of bike parks are developing at the Argentinian Patagonia, slowly but with a firm pace. The most complete one is located at Bariloche, at the Cathedral Hill. Martín "Cepi" Raffo and a couple more locals are building a very complete wood park there, along with a Dirt Jumping sector and several XC/AM trails. Here is a small sample:

Wood Bike Park Catedral

There are several accomodation options, and a couple of bike rental/guide services, Club Divertite and Gravity Mountain Bike Park, the guys actaully responsible for building the park.

Exchange rates make it easy for you, nothern hemysphere guys. Each US Dollar equals almost 4 Argentinian pesos ;-).

Last edited:

I.van

Monkey
Apr 15, 2007
Australia
Hey Ivan, how do you like Bariloche? did you go there often? I haven't been there for a while now, but I'm really willing to pay a visit to the boys. Great people to ride with.
I stayed there for a couple of weeks in 2005 to do some hiking and just generally chill out. If I didn't live on the other side of the world I would go there as often as I could.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Thats sick. I've been wanting to go work on my spanish. :) And that looks like it would be a fantastic place.
And you are close to Valparaiso in Chile too! A whole riding package: two countries, a couple of bike parks (Hint: Contact a couple of locals, so you won't miss the spots at Lago Puelo and El Bolsón, near Bariloche), nice girls and plus, it will be cheap for you...

Just a detail: Best season for riding is from November to February.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Sick! I was in Bariloche for my honeymoon. It was amazing - went to Cerro Catedral in the late Spring for snowboarding. I'd love to check out the biking. I need to talk the wife into going back.

Not to mention Buenos Aires...that city rocks!

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Sick! I was in Bariloche for my honeymoon. It was amazing - went to Cerro Catedral in the late Spring for snowboarding. I'd love to check out the biking. I need to talk the wife into going back.

Not to mention Buenos Aires...that city rocks!
Well, just pack your protections along with the snowboard, and take a spin back here. PM me and I'll hook you up with the locals.

Patan-DH lives near the zone, and I'm sure he will be more than happy to show you around.