berlin, angel sculpture from church in previous post:

Spain, grotto of limestone:

legoland:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
we were in ireland for 15 months. not counting irish weekend trips, here are the places we went:

brugge, belgium
canary islands (off morocco)
copenhagen (just me, w/ a couple of friends from work)
paris
legoland, denmark
cabo de gato, spain
london (weekend w/o kids)
stockholm
morzine, france (biking w/ the lads)
prague
berlin (work conference)

in the time we were in ireland, we never went back to the US (i did for one long weekend to see friends who were moving to SF); figured that we would see what we could in europe while we were over there, so that's how i used my vacation time.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
nice pics. there is definitely some motivation to get back across the pond in your euro-pics threads. :thumb:

how did you like Spain? what cities did you visit? We have been talking about going to Spain maybe doing Germany in the same trip.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
spain was phenomenal. we stayed in the far eastern part of Andalucia call Cabo de Gata which is in a nature preserve. the largest city nearby was almeria, but it was at least 45 minutes away. we didn't see one englsh-speaking person the whole time.

the coast of spain was amazing. we were there in april, so the water was still a bit cool, and it wasn't as blazingly hot as it gets in the summer months. we also beat the crowds, but i'm not sure how many people go where we went. most of the tourist trade either goes to costa del sol (malaga, torremolinos, etc) or maybe up the costa de blanco (up towards alicante, south of barcelona).

here's more info on where we were:

http://viva-andalusie.com/english/gabodegata1.php

spain's a big place, so you could definitely spend a lot of time just checking out places. we drove into grenada (about 3 hr or so) to see the al hambra, but otherwise stuck to our area. i would have liked to have seen Ronda too; my dad always talks that place up.

next time i'd like to check out the northern coast (bilbao, san sebastian, etc).

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
narlus said:
we were in ireland for 15 months. not counting irish weekend trips, here are the places we went:

brugge, belgium
canary islands (off morocco)
copenhagen (just me, w/ a couple of friends from work)
paris
legoland, denmark
cabo de gato, spain
london (weekend w/o kids)
stockholm
morzine, france (biking w/ the lads)
prague
berlin (work conference)

in the time we were in ireland, we never went back to the US (i did for one long weekend to see friends who were moving to SF); figured that we would see what we could in europe while we were over there, so that's how i used my vacation time.
Were you vacationing all that time or did you work there? Are you FROM Ireland...i'm confused...were you born here in the states?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
no, i'm a spoiled US-born brat, through and through. ;)

i moved my family over there for a work-based assignment, from end of May 03 to end of August 04. i was busting my ass on a startup (typically worked 55 hr/week every week), so i didn't mind taking some vacation time here and there (and europeans are a bit more enlightened when it comes to that sort of thing anyway).

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
narlus said:
no, i'm a spoiled US-born brat, through and through. ;)

i moved my family over there for a work-based assignment, from end of May 03 to end of August 04. i was busting my ass on a startup (typically worked 55 hr/week every week), so i didn't mind taking some vacation time here and there (and europeans are a bit more enlightened when it comes to that sort of thing anyway).

Oh ok...for some reason...i guess cuz you lived in Ireland, I thought you were a leprechau...I mean...Irishman :D

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
hey mark, thanks for the kind words. i've got a TON to learn about photography, but i do enjoy it. i'm starting to evolve from a "set to AUTO, push the button" kinda guy to actually knowing how to vary exposure/aperture/shutter/etc. settings a bit, depending on the situations. i would definitely like to get a DSLR in the next 12-18 months.

there are a lot of talented photogs on this site. derek pearson, dump, toshi, biggins, jacksonpt, bostonbullit, private joker (although those guys are primarily at bustedspoke), even the few photos i've seen from stosh....a lot of good stuff. glad to see my stuff is enjoyed by people.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I want to live in Lego Land. All the Lego ladies would love me because I have more than 5 moving body parts.