Quantcast

one more Whistler Q

radjockette

Monkey
Jun 26, 2004
PNW woods
Most likely not. IF you CAN get into Canada with it, you will most likey have to deal with a lot of s*** getting back. Not worth the hassle and strip searching of your vehicle for it. Not a good idea with all the crap surrounding securtiy now a days.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
going into canada can be real lax... ive gone in so many times hardly even getting questions asked, and a few times without showing ID. BUT as they said getting back into the US could be a real hassle. Hope your not allergic to Latex and Vasoline.......

erikkellison

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Denver, CO
You can get by with nothing. I've gone both ways with just bikes on the car as my ID verifying my intent, and actually had short casual conversations with both border guards. However, I've also had my ID scrutinized and birth certificate (certified copies are okay) entered into the computer. I've always gotten more crap going into Canada, but I don't think that's the norm.
Don't mess around with border guards.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
going in with a group, my ID wasn't even checked. going out, as a single, my ID and birth certificate were checked.

coming back into the States, i also had about 4 boxes inside the truck, as well as a duffle bag, tool box, and 2 packages. none of that was scrutinized.

SR

Monkey
Dec 8, 2001
Olympia WA
Yup each time can be different so it's always better to be prepared for the stricter guards. Either a current passport or the combo of license and birth certificate. Certified copies can be purchased from the cowry house of the county you were born in and I believe certified copies are actually preferred because they are more current documents than originals

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
A new law just passed and a passport will be needed pretty soon. Just get a passport and be done with it.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Quick tip to help with the border crossing: When you pull up to the guardhouse, turn off you engine. I started doing this in my turbo diesel truck cause of the noise, now I do it out of habit. It helps. The agent wont think your in a hurry. Shut off your engine and act like you have all day to chat.