Quantcast

One of my friends is about to get beat up

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Try to encourage dance fighting instead. Aren't all these guys in the music biz anyway? Should be an easy sell.

If they don't buy into that idea, they're idiots.

I've only really been in one real fight, and it was a doozie (guns and all!) and I was really glad I have a bunch of rugby/waterpolo buds around at the time, but I wouldn't ever have expected them to bail me out of "my mouth writing cheques that my fists couldn't cash". I'm sure your friend would appreciate the help should he start eating knuckle sandwiches, but if he doesn't have the sense to avoid the situation in the first place, he's got a screw loose and well, that's his problem. Don't waste your time.
Please accept my apologies.

Had I have known that rat in your basement was packin heat, I wouldn't have given you such a hard time.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Then find new friends.

Duh.
:stupid:

Life is to short to hang out with morons.

You may think it's harsh but sometimes you have to evaluate your friends and ask yourself, "Are these people worth my time?".

In the end you'll avoid the drama that stupid people bring with them, and have a better circle of friends.

Spero

ass rainbow
Jul 12, 2005
Tejas

You may think it's harsh but sometimes you have to evaluate your friends and ask yourself, "Are these people worth my time?".

In the end you'll avoid the drama that stupid people bring with them, and have a better circle of friends.
I thought you were going to suggest bringing a sword to a gun fight.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Considering one of the guys in NFG is in courage crew (big strait edge crew) , and another is in DMS (agnostic front and madballs crew) I would say NFG gets some cred

They only do push ups in BC, but yes
SPEAK ENGLISH!!!!!!!

:biggrin:

Seriously though...Those are some retarded names. Madballs? Really? Agnostic Front?? Do they even know what that means?

"I'm in Madballs."
"I'm sorry for your loss..."
"No. It's a crew."
"You're gay for Jesus??"
"Don't make me bust a white-boy cap..."
"You're trippin' balls..."

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless

I hang out with 1 kid in that group, he has been a good friend for 9 years, there is something to be said for that. As for the rest of them, I could care less what happens to them.

SPEAK ENGLISH!!!!!!!

:biggrin:

Seriously though...Those are some retarded names. Madballs? Really? Agnostic Front?? Do they even know what that means?

"I'm in Madballs."
"I'm sorry for your loss..."
"No. It's a crew."
"You're gay for Jesus??"
"Don't make me bust a white-boy cap..."
"You're trippin' balls..."
I'm sure they do, they have a lot of very political songs and a lot of songs dealing with some pretty deep issues.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
You're friend will get straightened out soon enough. My younger brother was turning into a real PITA (hanging out with the wrong crowd, f'ing around in school, easily influenced, etc.) The only thing we really had in common was music, and I turned him to the local hardcore scene, which (mostly) promotes good ideas and values (strong friendship, family, honor, drug free, yada, yada, yada).....

Now he's gone WAY overboard, tries to push his beliefs on others, acts like he's a tough guy, gives people ****, etc. It's sad to say, but he's going to find out he isn't the "man" he thinks he is someday when he starts **** with the wrong guy and gets his ass beat. That will (hopefully) get the message across however.

Austin Bike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Duh, Austin
The first rule about this **** is nobody talks about this ****

The best thing to do is let it happen. The only person stupider than someone willing to beat up another person because of dog tags is the person stupid enough to wear dog tags knowing this will happen.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
sometimes a good ass beating will awaken an indivudual to the world around them. don't interfere as the ass beating might be directed towards you instead.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I hang out with 1 kid in that group, he has been a good friend for 9 years, there is something to be said for that. As for the rest of them, I could care less what happens to them.
I know you are not as stupid as this thread implies.

Part of who you are is who you associate with. And if your friend associates with idiots, do you want to be associated with idiots?

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
i thought i was looking at pinkbike when i saw this thread, but soon realized who posted it.

you had to throw a new found glory plug in here didnt you?

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
i thought i was looking at pinkbike when i saw this thread, but soon realized who posted it.

you had to throw a new found glory plug in here didnt you?
If they went to real shows this wouldn't be an issue, they already would have gotten their asses handed to them

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
If they went to real shows this wouldn't be an issue, they already would have gotten their asses handed to them
i think this is your shinning moment as far as comments goes.

next time you go to one of these "straight edge" shows, you should blow some pot smoke in their faces, pour beer on their heads and call them all mary's

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I had a rat in my basement for 3 days. I presented closure with supporting pics and vids. I expect no less from this thread.

Let's see some mascara stained fists already.