Quantcast

One of my friends is about to get beat up

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
One of my pretty good friends and some of his other friends (who I can't stand) have started a little crew (almost like a street gang that isn't in it for the money) in a local music scene. These kids are a bunch of rich suburban white kids who are trying to act tough, they are rollin around with letters on there hands and dog tags. The problem is that there is a real crew that reps dog tags and doesn't appreciate it when other people rep dog tags, on top of the real crews that are in the area not wanting these kids running about causing trouble. (these kids are so lame they managed to pick a fight with some random kid at a new found glory concert) Bottom line is the way these kids are going they are going to get hurt, and depending how they take the beating possibly pretty bad. I talked to my buddy and warned him how dumb he was being and he essentially brushed it off as "what ever my buddies are tough (he isn't and doesn't get involved with them being super dumb, so I don't have a problem still being cool with him) and can handle themselves," even though they are a bunch of rich white kids who have yet to get a good beating and still don't know how to fight. My problem is that there is a good chance I will be there when said beat down takes place, I don't know weather to grab some popcorn and watch all this stuff go down, try to get my friend out of there before he gets to hurt (which could also end in me getting hit) or to just leave when it hits the fan and have nothing to do with any of it.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
When Red Rabbit returns to the WC, all your asses are going to get beat by a real military man.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Next time you are hanging out with them, go up to the biggest, meanest looking gang member you can find a say, "My buddy over there thinks you're gay and he wants a blow job."

Then run.

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
lol that'll be his life lesson. Let him be the tough guy and receive the consequences. Hopefully he'll come out of it a better man.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Sounds like your friend is a moron. You are probably best off just avoiding him until he grows up a little bit. You never know how you might get roped into a bad situation.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
I knew some dillweeds like that back in high school. They were rolling around town in their pink hats :rofl: thinking they were big and bad. They got in a fight and someone pulled a gun and started shooting. That was the last night of their little 'gang'. They lasted a whole week.

Last edited:

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Next time you are hanging out with them, go up to the biggest, meanest looking gang member you can find a say, "My buddy over there thinks you're gay and he wants a blow job."

Then run.
I don't want to get hurt. I also know a lot of the guys on the side that will be doing the beating, I don't want to run my mouth and get my ass beat too. Although I have made fun of a couple of those kids to their faces.

and just to clarify, these kids aren't trying to act like that crips or bloods. They are trying to act tough but they still know they are white

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Here is how to get out of getting yourself beat down when your dipsh1t friend starts something.

Without saying a word turn to your friend turn and drill him in the face. Then politely apologize to the "real gang members " for your friend's stupidity.

It works in the movies so it has to work in real life, aight.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Your friends are pathetic, and if they don't know enough to not get into a fight then they deserve what they have coming to them. Sounds like they'll get a chance to "rep" some black eyes and broken noses.

If you're worried about them, call them out on being idiots.
If you're worried about yourself, stay clear of the idiot parade until the beatings have subsided.

(that said, where I grew up I learned that if you just KNOW that you are going to have to fight your way out of a situation, pick out the biggest threat and punch him in the throat.)

Last edited:

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Here is how to get out of getting yourself beat down when your dipsh1t friend starts something.

Without saying a word turn to your friend turn and drill him in the face. Then politely apologize to the "real gang members " for your friend's stupidity.

It works in the movies so it has to work in real life, aight.
If I stand there and do nothing it will be on the side of the guys doing the beating, hell I might even join in and take a swing or two at the kids I don't like. I am not in with these guys, I have been friends with one of them for several years and don't want him to get hurt. He is the only one of them I associate with and want to see all the other kids get hurt, I just feel bad that my friends ignorance (he isn't a jackass trying to act tough, most of his friends are) is going to get him hurt.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Bad news, stay out of it. Thuggery = douchebaggery, but FAKE thuggery is even worse, and anyone who is impressed is just an idiot.

It would be bad enough if people were still just throwing fists, but there are pretty much no limits to what can happen. Tell your friend (again) that he is being a clown and that you will not "have his back" if you happen to be around when it goes down, because regardless of your friendship it is just not worth it. Getting killed, seriously hurt, or sent to jail over something this stupid would be a total waste.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
A good friend of mine drinks a little too much on occasion and tends to get into trouble, fights/arrested. I pretty much refuse to go anywhere with him where such things can happen anymore and when I do it is with the understanding that if he starts trouble I will just walk away. He has a problem.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
It would be bad enough if people were still just throwing fists, but there are pretty much no limits to what can happen.
And this is the biggest problem. People who fight are idiots. Idiots do stupid things. You'd be smart to stay as far away from all of this as possible. And hope that no cool guy shows up with a gun.

ryebread

Monkey
Jun 20, 2007
Central Oregon
Sounds like the HC (making an assumption based on your Madball avatar) scene hasn't changed much in the 15 years since I've been to a show.

Seriously though, how hard can they be if they were at a New found glory show?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Bad news, stay out of it. Thuggery = douchebaggery, but FAKE thuggery is even worse, and anyone who is impressed is just an idiot.

It would be bad enough if people were still just throwing fists, but there are pretty much no limits to what can happen. Tell your friend (again) that he is being a clown and that you will not "have his back" if you happen to be around when it goes down, because regardless of your friendship it is just not worth it. Getting killed, seriously hurt, or sent to jail over something this stupid would be a total waste.

Even if it is just fist things can go wrong quickly. I knew a guy in college that got into it with some drunk townie. College kid pushed the townie, townie fell over hit his head on the curb an suffered brain damage. He ended up getting convicted of assault and was sued for 10 million dollars.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Even if it is just fist things can go wrong quickly. I knew a guy in college that got into it with some drunk townie. College kid pushed the townie, townie fell over hit his head on the curb an suffered brain damage. He ended up getting convicted of assault and was sued for 10 million dollars.
Wow, I hope he got a good paying job after school

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Here's a photo from my gang.

Leather vests are where it's at!.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v= <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xITVFgxcDIg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xITVFgxcDIg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Wow, I hope he got a good paying job after school
It is scary how many people I know who have been sued for large amounts of money. Few of them care much about making money as their wages get garnished to the point where they get just enough to survive and they will never be able to pay off the full amount. The key is to find a wealthy woman and not marry here.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
It is scary how many people I know who have been sued for large amounts of money. Few of them care much about making money as their wages get garnished to the point where they get just enough to survive and they will never be able to pay off the full amount. The key is to find a wealthy woman and not marry here.
If not get married on RM then where?

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Try to encourage dance fighting instead. Aren't all these guys in the music biz anyway? Should be an easy sell.

If they don't buy into that idea, they're idiots.

I've only really been in one real fight, and it was a doozie (guns and all!) and I was really glad I have a bunch of rugby/waterpolo buds around at the time, but I wouldn't ever have expected them to bail me out of "my mouth writing cheques that my fists couldn't cash". I'm sure your friend would appreciate the help should he start eating knuckle sandwiches, but if he doesn't have the sense to avoid the situation in the first place, he's got a screw loose and well, that's his problem. Don't waste your time.

Red Rabbit

Picky Pooper
Jan 27, 2007
Colorado
When Red Rabbit returns to the WC, all your asses are going to get beat by a real military man.
Those pussies don't even know what it means to wear dog tags.

My crew, the USAF (AB-SrA), will kick any of their asses anyday.

Want to play a tough little bitch? Prepare to kick the **** kicked out of you.

Last edited:

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Sounds like the HC (making an assumption based on your Madball avatar) scene hasn't changed much in the 15 years since I've been to a show.

Seriously though, how hard can they be if they were at a New found glory show?
Considering one of the guys in NFG is in courage crew (big strait edge crew) , and another is in DMS (agnostic front and madballs crew) I would say NFG gets some cred

are these the same kinds of kids that do push-ups and spin kicks at concerts?
They only do push ups in BC, but yes

Those pussies don't even know what it means to wear dog tags.

My crew, the USAF (AB-SrA), will kick any of their asses anyday.

Want to play a tough little bitch? Prepare to kick the **** kicked out of you.

Well apparently one of the guys in the legit crew who wears dog tags got kicked out of the military for beating down an officer.

But feel free to kick the crap out of those Martinez pussies

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Considering one of the guys in NFG is in courage crew (big strait edge crew) , and another is in DMS (agnostic front and madballs crew) I would say NFG gets some cred
Maybe those 2 guys, idk about the whole band :p

They only do push ups in BC, but yes
I've seen pushups in Pittsburgh and Tuffalo (Buffalo). I've also seen jumping jacks and running in place, but I think that was more to point out how silly the whole thing is.