Quantcast

One of the best SNL skits ever, and something some of you should consider!

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
Garrett Morris:
Hi. I'm Garrett Morris, talkin' to all you white Americans about the way black people have been treated in America. Now, I know a lot of you feel guilty -- and you should. My great-great-grandmother was brought over here on a slave ship and was raped by her white master. And my grandfather was lynched by a mob for not tippin' his hat to a white lady. Now, they're dead now and there's nothing you can do to erase their suffering. However, if you would like to relieve your guilt, I am willing to accept money as a representative victim of four hundred years of repression. Send your check or money order to White Guilt Relief Fund, care of Garrett Morris, 870 West 127th Street, New York, New York 10089 [Superimposed text reads: WHITE GUILT RELIEF FUND c/o Garrett Morris, 870 West 127th Street, New York, New York 10089] -- and if you send in before July 4th, 1976, [holds up a parchment scroll and an orange card] I will send you this beautiful scroll and I.D. card certifying you as an honorary Negro in the eyes of several black Americans! Once again, that address! [Smiling, Garrett pauses as Don Pardo takes over.]

Announcer:
White Guilt Relief Fund, in care of Garrett Morris, 870 West 127th Street, New York, New York 10089. Send cash or money. I know I have. I felt just terrible until I did.

Garrett Morris:
Thank you!

Donate now people, and appease your white guilt.

Spud

Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Idaho (no really!)
Classic – Didn’t they revive that last weekend with Tracy Morgan? I forgot the particulars, but something about reparations and four payments left on his leather jacket?

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
bump

This just gets funnier every time I read it.

Feel free to interchange "White guilt" with wealth-guilt, freedom-guilt, effective health care-guilt, American-guilt or any other form of guilt you feel for being blessed to live where you do.