Quantcast

One of the better guitar players of all time

gsweet

Monkey
Dec 20, 2001
Minnesota
i'll agree that he's amazing...but it depends on what you classify as amazing:

-pierre ben susan...one of the most fantastic finger style guitarists of all time...not to mention creative and passionate like no one else

-leo kottke...fantastic slide guitarist/purist when i comes to the basics

-michael angelo batio...by far the best shredder of all time: fastest, ambidextrous

yea, there's a lot out there, and even more to discover!

Jan 21, 2006
Boone, NC
I don't like Batio very much. It seems that practically ALL he does is play extremely fast. Now, I know that's what most shredders do, but I don't hear much "music" you could say, in his playing. But that's just my opinion. I am much more of a Paul Gilbert and Joe Satriani fan.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I love Chet Atkins. There is a life size statue of Chet downtown here. What can I say. Nashville is great for stuff like that.

Best finger-picking guitar player of all time. I love how he'll keep like three different things going on at one time. amazing.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
metalhead119042 said:
I don't like Batio very much. It seems that practically ALL he does is play extremely fast.
:stupid: it's all repeating notes, with one of them moving around in a limited pattern chromatically or in whole steps. still impressive that he can do that with both hands, i suppose.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
gsweet said:
-michael angelo batio...by far the best shredder of all time: fastest, ambidextrous
I'm amazed he can sill wear what he wore 25 years ago.