Quantcast

one of the most trusted men in america is...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Don't blame me for people who can't tell the difference between fact and funny.

Obviously he's not THAT big of an impact even though he asked America to vote against Bush. Is he trustworthy? I would say yes, but he's also a comedian and his show it a source for fake news.

Hell, Colbert was in the top 5 in the SC primary!

Stewart is funny, Rush is just an ass.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Not really. The onion is 'fake news'

The daily show deals with very real 'news', the tools that report it and just tears each apart.

It may be subtle, but there's certainly a difference.
But the Daily Show doesn't deal with 100% real news. Granted, the Onion makes sh!t up, but the Daily Show also makes sh!t up. Unfortunately they don't have to make it all up because some of the actual news is so far off the deep end of what most would consider logical that it would appear to be made up.

One of the Daily Shows own commercial refer to it as "America's #1 source for fake news".

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
But the Daily Show doesn't deal with 100% real news.
The show is very clear, even if implicitly, about what is fact, opinion, and pure satire. I fully agree that it is not "fake news." While it is not the same format as other news or commentary outlets, it is unquestionably still both of those things in some capacity.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
one element i do like about his show is his uncanny accessibility to heavy hitters. i wonder if he & musharaf will now finally have that twinkie

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
That's satire, because a Daily Show viewer gets more actual news content than someone who watches the network news, CNN, or FOX.
:stupid:

My wife makes fun of me because I watch Fox from time to time. I only watch it for the pure hilarity, though. Since watching "Outfoxed", I have watched Fox even more because the talking points taken straight from the white house are fascinating to me.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
That's satire, because a Daily Show viewer gets more actual news content than someone who watches the network news, CNN, or FOX.
agreed. between stewart, colbert, NPR and a healthy dose of uber conservative talk shows i'm able to get just about all sides of a story to make my own decision. i've even gotten my wife to start watching stewart and colbert with me...and that's quite a feat considering her mom sends me conservative chain emails on a regular basis even after i reply and debunk each one on snopes :rolleyes: ;)