Quantcast

“La Olympiques Deux Mille Vingt-Quatre”

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
I vant to make a Post on “Olympics”,but do not know where,or how to lay it out? BMX,XC,plus all other events. I am Ready. Right now I am in Heaven with Euro Cup,and Copa Cup Football. But a stitch in time,will save you nine.

Just one Thread? Let it Grow?

What Forum should it be In?

The question: The wife wants All Photos on CD or whatever it is they put it on? I’m talkin a Fucking Pirates Gold Chest. A Shit Ton. I don’t even think I can afford it? However,I need to go forward. I ask All Monkeys:

Have any of you done this?
I’m all ear’s.

Avy

Last edited:

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Are the pictures already digital?

I suppose you could burn them in batches on DVDs, but copying to 2 hard drives and the cloud would be the ideal back up scenario if you want to be safe.

If they're not digital you're fucked ;)

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Are the pictures already digital?

I suppose you could burn them in batches on DVDs, but copying to 2 hard drives and the cloud would be the ideal back up scenario if you want to be safe.

If they're not digital you're fucked ;)
No they are not digital. I was thinking someone did that service from those companies that do it for you.

Avy

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Stupid expensive and low quality.
Thank You Brother.

There is this one company I keep hearing on AM radio as I drive at work. There is another one on FM,so Avy at this point,is thinking I could use this service? It is Alot of work,no? I just wondered if any Monkeys did this? I will call them and give a up date. It is not looking good for Avy at this point.

Avy

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord

DPI quality is important when scanning old photos but to be honest it sounds like a vanity project (i.e is your sweetie going to make NEW photos from the archive...)
i've found the common scanning standard in the publishing industry to be 300dpi @ 8x10 inches. most good scanners can achieve that, but yes, if it's going to be a lot of images it's going to take a lot of time.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
My dad had a bunch of slides scanned many years ago, and the quality is pretty acceptable. Maybe because the source material was slide? I think 35mm, not sure. I have a copy and it’s pretty neat having some early photos of my family in a format I can enjoy. I do probably (definitely) need to get a backup made.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
My dad had a bunch of slides scanned many years ago, and the quality is pretty acceptable. Maybe because the source material was slide? I think 35mm, not sure. I have a copy and it’s pretty neat having some early photos of my family in a format I can enjoy. I do probably (definitely) need to get a backup made.
Yeah Full Trucker,I too have many slides. My Sister has most All slides/photo’s of family living in SA and All Travels. These fucking photo’s Avy is told,are in the Trunk of her car! I just fount out. This is not even the same matter as the Wife(her family) chest. The matter at hand. You just hit a wire on Avy with you’re thought, and I to had share.

I would think Slides would be better to covert? I would be more than happy if they made you content Brother. I’m not picky,just tryin to preserve memories. Also,I would cry like a grown man if you showed Avy All those photos Of me and my Travels? Shit. So many. I don’t have the words. I do have one photo. It is my fovorite. I had it so long,I don’t know when I got it? It has faded bad,but still good. I can post if summond.

Avy

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
i've found the common scanning standard in the publishing industry to be 300dpi @ 8x10 inches. most good scanners can achieve that, but yes, if it's going to be a lot of images it's going to take a lot of time.
So how much Brother? Is the paper what kills you?

Avy

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Ok Brother’s,we are one week away. I am geeked out. I Love this. We have,Fencing,Sailing,Track and the list goes on. Let us begin this thread.

Who will Win the XC?
Who will win BMX?
Badmitten,Avy’s Favorite.

That reminds me of a funny story.

Back in 1987,88,the Top American Badmitten Male Lads happen to come train right by my House? My StepDad(Chief)read it in the paper and told me. Fucking my Crazy Ass went to the Garage and got the Old School Wooden Racket and walked over to the High School Basketball Gym where they had like 10 courts setup. I walk in and All I hear is Squeaking from the shoes. I sit down and watch in awe. At this point I think I am BadAss at Badmitten,which I was of course. I said nothing sitting there holding my racket. Then one guy comes up to Avy and say’s Hello. I said Hello,may I play with you? Sure you can Brother,doubles or single he ask’ed Avy? Single please I say. Ok,but let me give you a Proper Racket. He goes over to his Bag and pulls out a Ti Racket. I am at this time 18 years old. I was great at Badmitten and Volleyball,so I thought. He sais,Avy,let’s just Volley and warm up shall we? Yes,let’s I say. All went well as I was Loving Every minute of this wonderful experience. Then he sais,ok Avy,shall well play? Yes,only I Do Not Want You Togo Soft on me. I want to experience what it is Like to play with a Pro. They all Laugh at Avy. He sais,Avy are you sure? Yes I am.

So he then sais OK,get ready for my Serve. Ready I say with his Ti Racket. He Fucking put the Birdie just over the Net and straight down. I mean,he did this like 15 times and I could not get to the Birdie? Unreal,I almost got it,but even if I had,I would have been unable to hit it over the Net. Fully extended,Arm‘s out,,Legs about to hyper extend and Blow Up,Full Body extension only to look like a Rookie that I was. It was a Very Humble Experience. They were True Champs and treated me like a God IMHO. When I could not return a Single serve,he said let’s have Fun. So One Pro came on my side and Two Pro’s on the other side. We then play’ed for about 15 minutes just hitting it back and forth,what a glorious memory that is. Last,those Men did not have to bother with Avy,why would they? They are Training. But they did,and gave me a memory,and a lesson I will Never Forget.

Thank You to those Olympians for that wonderful lesson and memory. In the End,that is All We Have,our Memories.

My Grandmother told me somfing when I was a Lad,it has Never Left me.

What am I?
I am Body and Soul.

Who am I?
I am my memories.

Avy

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I hear that Snoop Dogg is going to carry the Olympic torch? Probably the most interesting news of the Olympics, if I'm honest...

:D

The Olympics are for people who don't like sports. Just a couple of parades with a bunch of human interest stories about some talented but boring people in between, but mostly just a mass marketing event.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
The Olympics are for people who don't like sports. Just a couple of parades with a bunch of human interest stories about some talented but boring people in between, but mostly just a mass marketing event.
Westy,I am sad by your thought. I do not agree on most of it.

It is mass marketing,and a waste of money for the Long Term as to what becomes of things that were built.

An Olympian spends at least Half of his/her Life,if not All to Master their Sport. That Alone commands my Respect. Even more so for Americans,there is No Love,or support. Yes,there is Monies from Sponsors,but that is Far and Few between. To me,I put an Olympian right next to an Astronaut,mad respect.

Avy

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Westy,I am sad by your thought. I do not agree on most of it.

It is mass marketing,and a waste of money for the Long Term as to what becomes of things that were built.

An Olympian spends at least Half of his/her Life,if not All to Master their Sport. That Alone commands my Respect. Even more so for Americans,there is No Love,or support. Yes,there is Monies from Sponsors,but that is Far and Few between. To me,I put an Olympian right next to an Astronaut,mad respect.

Avy

I respect the athletes but not the way it is presented and consumed. The two most popular events are the opening and closing ceremonies, discussions of outfits and who is carrying the flag. Most televised events are 20 minutes of a not interesting human interest piece then 5 minutes of actual competition in between 20 minutes of the same repetitive commercials.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
I respect the athletes but not the way it is presented and consumed. The two most popular events are the opening and closing ceremonies, discussions of outfits and who is carrying the flag. Most televised events are 20 minutes of a not interesting human interest piece then 5 minutes of actual competition in between 20 minutes of the same repetitive commercials.
Wow,that was quick,Avy takes a sip of Beer. I did not know about opening/closing,as I never pay much mind? It is not important,nice to look at,but fluff for me.

Now,on you’re second thought,I disagree.

Yes there is repetitive commercials,but there is not 5 minutes of competition?

Do you watch the Games? If so what events?

Mens XC,more than 5 minutes,BMX,Badmitten,PingPong,the list goes on and on Brother.

I will say this to your point. I watched France kill USA in Football and there was Fucking Commercial’s before Half. That is Wrong! It is also the Only Time I have seen Commercials in Football before Half.

Avy

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Wow,that was quick,Avy takes a sip of Beer. I did not know about opening/closing,as I never pay much mind? It is not important,nice to look at,but fluff for me.

Now,on you’re second thought,I disagree.

Yes there is repetitive commercials,but there is not 5 minutes of competition?

Do you watch the Games? If so what events?

Mens XC,more than 5 minutes,BMX,Badmitten,PingPong,the list goes on and on Brother.

I will say this to your point. I watched France kill USA in Football and there was Fucking Commercial’s before Half. That is Wrong! It is also the Only Time I have seen Commercials in Football before Half.

Avy
You know Westy,Avy,in all my joy,am being naive about this Topic. You are tragically right about the mass marketing. What it brings to Every Country that beholds such an event. It is about looking pretty,clean,No Humans that could tarnish our Image. In this case,France has “made them vanish”,the African‘s. Even following them.

The whole Wonderful Event has become,what?

So many things to say there.

I am still holding on to the Respect of the Sport. It is all I have. I know that at Least,for this one moment in time,the Worlds Best will give it there All.

History can,and will be made,rest assured Westy.

I think it is soo Hard these decades for the public to trust the Athletes with doping. China Swimming going back to early 70’s. Bitches came out of no where and Smoked my Ladies for many Golds. Got Busted. Russia is not having a good day,USA has its own problems. I am not the Judge. If Avy was tobe the Judge,things would be much better.

I have seen many a moments. Mark Spitz has tobe on Top 10 List.

Then there is Winter. A whole other ball of wax.

I guess I am saying,I hear where you are coming from. I am just trying to hold on.

Avy

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Wow,Figi,Frace Rugby Gold Match,what a Game!

ISR vs PAR in Football,score 1 1 65:13 on clock. Go PAR! Don’t have nothing nice to say about ISR,so I will not comment on that. I also don’t have anything nice to say of USA.

It’s going down,400 meter Free Women’s Swimming. USA vs AUS.

Avy

Last edited:

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
This would be the american-style presentation… it’s unwatchable in my view. We get the light version here in canada.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Wow,Figi,Frace Rugby Gold Match,what a Game!

ISR vs PAR in Football,score 1 1 65:13 on clock. Go PAR! Don’t have nothing nice to say about ISR,so I will not comment on that. I also don’t have anything nice to say of USA.

It’s going down,400 meter Free Women’s Swimming. USA vs AUS.

Avy
It was. I got lured in.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I’m enjoying peacock’s coverage, because I can watch whatever I want. The Olympics is cool when you can watch surfing followed by synchronized diving followed by iTT cycling followed by ping pong. 17 hours of gymnastics warm up is less interesting.

Gary

my pronouns are hag/gis
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Anybody watching the Women's XC ?
Lap 3 and (mechanicals excepted) the win is looking wrapped up already

Course looks absolutely rubbish with the exception of a few manmade "technical" features but I don't suppose Paris would ever feature on any mtb riders wishlist as a destination.

BBC has (local WC XC racer) Isla Short commentating, and she's not bad but alongside the usual BBC approved roadie dinosaur commentator who's clearly never ridden a mountainbike in his life. Going on about "dropper pins" and "Sustrans cycle paths". it's fucking dire.

Gary

my pronouns are hag/gis
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Ya fucker! I know XC racers try to use the descents to recover but Lecompte's just taken a wee sleep at the bottom of the log staircase :blink:

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Ya fucker! I know XC racers try to use the descents to recover but Lecompte's just taken a wee sleep at the bottom of the log staircase :blink:
I missed it Gary,the American came across the line to win Silver as my TV came to life. Damit. Next weekend is Men’s. I am trying to find BMX.

Avy

Gary

my pronouns are hag/gis
Aug 27, 2002
UK
missed it Gary
yeah. We know. :drag:
American came across the line to win Silver as my TV came to life. Damit. Next weekend is Men’s. I am trying to find BMX.
After maybe a lap and a half It was an incredibly dull race. You didn't really miss anything. no one cares who came second.
I thought men's XC was tomrrow?