Quantcast

>>>> One second longer <<<<

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Still tired. Another busy day today and Hannah is home because of the COVID outbreak in her classroom. Need to find time to get her tested too.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Got woken up around 2am by someone stealing the neighbors catalytic converter, decided to check on the river level and dock after the cops left and sure and behold, another huge ass tree drifted down into it. 3am Used my battery top handled stihl to cut for nearly an hour before it finally broke free and drifted down river to be someone else's problem. 4am went back to bed and the womans alarm goes off shortly after as she has kickboxing this morning. Might as well put some baileys in the coffee this morning and start early.

In other news.....

I have several bundles of tools showing up today, I think I may need clinical help with my addiction

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
We had cancelled all but one small 5 persons gathering for the Holydays. Two of those just tested positive for Covicron... More tourtière and ragoût for moi!

now fartbike.

@I Are Baboon We have fleece bedsheets. I'm sure they give one hour extra sleep each night.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Picked up a lightly used Bosch dishwasher last night for a cool $100. Win.

Speaking of tools, I could stand to order some more too.

Just got a call from an insured (local bike shop) and told me he wants to talk. Asked if I would come with a plan of what it would take for me to come and work for him.

Thats a first.
And, what would it take?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
wrapped the wife's xmas presents last night. have a couple more to do for the kids, then a few for my parents. there shall be no xmas eve wrapping in la casa de kranked

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
got an email from my son's teacher that he is more agitated than usual these days. golly, I wonder if it has something to do with the lead-up to Christmas and the anxiety around Omicron...!? Maybe the kids could all use a bit more outdoor time and active play!? the shoulder season (rain, and mud that freezes into an icerink) is done now, so they can go play in the snow... (and as someone who has spent time at school in Normandy, if we didn't go out when it was raining, we'd pretty much never go out... what's it the Scots say: there's no bad weather, only bad clothing?! sheesh).

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Had to hide my extreme irritation with the team in India that works for me. A noob was asking me noob questions, which I am totally cool with. However her teammates were more than capable of answering her questions, they clearly are not helping each other.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Pretty much constant snow in the mtns for the next 5-10 days. Boom.
looks like my decks will not get their railings this year, hmph
Dont buy any front load washers, trust me.
We have found our large LGs to be fine. Just leave the washer door open between uses.

/me saw The King’s Man last night and was entertained. Saw it at Southcenter: had to show vaccine card (on phone) at theater door, then mask mandate throughout the mall and theater complex

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
:stop:

At work. Made a small mistake on the flow cytometer yesterday and have to repeat my experiment. Desperate to see it work- I feel like I'm struggling and I shouldn't be.

36 hours and then i can booze until blind and try to recharge before starting this up again. UGH

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Submitting expenses today for October - December. Its mostly for kilometers driven, for helping at the other building. 74km round trip paying out 55 cents per km. Noice.

Thank god for creepy google account location history, because I didn't write this down.

LE COFFEE

gonefirefightin

free wieners
The coast houses had an LG set and a samsung set, The samsung was terrible, replaced the pump and filter twice and still couldnt get the mildew and smell out, The LG was never draining and throwing codes for the door lock. The Two mountain houses had GE and Whirlpool, The GE didnt last 3 months without stopping all together, the Whirlpool hung in the longest with about 8 months before horrendous leak out the front door even after 2 sets of gaskets. Luckily I used my homedepot pro account for all the purchases and had them swapped out for commercial top loaders, never had an issue since and going on 4 years of heavy AirBnB/VRBO use.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
The coast houses had an LG set and a samsung set, The samsung was terrible, replaced the pump and filter twice and still couldnt get the mildew and smell out, The LG was never draining and throwing codes for the door lock. The Two mountain houses had GE and Whirlpool, The GE didnt last 3 months without stopping all together, the Whirlpool hung in the longest with about 8 months before horrendous leak out the front door even after 2 sets of gaskets. Luckily I used my homedepot pro account for all the purchases and had them swapped out for commercial top loaders, never had an issue since and going on 4 years of heavy AirBnB/VRBO use.
I second the commercial route. We had some fancy ass whirlpool washer and dryer. New when we built 6 years ago. Within the first year we had issues with both.
Both have since died and been replaced with Maytag commercial units. They are plain and ugly but I don’t aim to impress anyone with my fancy washer and dryer.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Got a quick flight in during a break in the rain this morning. Thought I would try out the Hero 10 and am pretty impressed for nearly straight out of the camera. Def going to slap on an ND and adjust ISO and framerate for some better footy. Better than the DJI camera for sure.

Looks like a log jam at the top of the island, will have to be on drift watch today I guess. River rose another 1.5' overnight supposed to crest sometime this afternoon sans rainfall.

You can see an upriver neighbor cutting loose a big ass log, will prob run into my dock shortly, FML

gonefirefightin

free wieners
why not just pull your dock if you already pulled your boat?
Bank is too steep and dock is too heavy to pull up on the property and dock is too large to pull from a ramp. Nor do I have a trailer handy that will accommodate a 40'x12' dock. I planned for this type of event so the dock is anchored to a huge slab and is bolted through said slab that probably weighs more than 20k lbs. After seeing the whole tree that was hung up on it early this morning I am pretty confident it will survive a good beat down.