Quantcast

One way to get back at the scammers.....

ibismojo

Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
San Diego
ah yes, the old ebay get 'em back technique. some folks did this with a laptop. they gave them everything except what would be inside the laptop.

Fulton

Monkey
Nov 9, 2001
grimm said:
So, Fulton.. have you gotten any more emails from this guy yet? ;)
haven't heard anything in weeks. I did contact UPS to check on the package, and they confirmed that it had been delivered.

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
I just read through that whole P-P-P-powerbook thing, it's freakin great. The more we scam the scammers the better, but unfortunately there's still a whole lot of stupid people out there who play right into their scams. Oh well, at least we get to have some fun with them first.

updog

Chimp
Jan 8, 2005
I posted my bike on a few different sites and the next day got like 6 scam emails. Here is one...it's stupid because I listed how much it was

hello,

how much do you wanna sell the item?i willbe making payment with a cashier cheque,so i will be needing your full name and address to send the cheque to you.dont worry about the shipment,my shipping agent will pick it up overthere.get back to me as soon as possible

Regards

'David Roy' <alwaysinstore@outgun.com>

updog

Chimp
Jan 8, 2005
Good day,
I saw your advert via the net about an item put forsale by you and i would like to make an enquiry as regard it.I would like to know if the item is still up for sale or not?If it's still up forsale,kindly let me know,If you purchase this item from new or how many previous owner before you?I would also like to know the present working condition of this item and the present picture of this said item if any, where you are located and lastly i would want you to get back to me with the last price of the item.
Thanks

updog

Chimp
Jan 8, 2005
This one is extra dumb. His name from the email is different from what he says

'David Roy' <alwaysinstore@outgun.com>

I`M DAVIS HOOK,A FRANCE BASED BUSINESS MAN.I`M VERY MUCH INTERESTED IN BUYING 03' Orange 222 - $2700.SO I WANT YOU TO GET BACK TO ME WITH THE LATEST CONDITION OF THE ITEM.BEST REGARDS.

What kind of 'France based business men' ride bikes?

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Brian HCM#1 said:
Thats to awesome, you should now take the check to one of those check cashing places in da hood where they don't ask for any ID;)

So he can get arrested?

I think that it is funny, but a bad idea to do this.
in essence, you are Scamming someone too, assuming that they are a scammer too. But it is probably still against the law.

Jul 19, 2004
Jax
i got them to send me a check... now i have it framed and hanging on my wall, every time i look at it it makes me laugh as to how dumb some ppl are. :)

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Thats great!

For more scamming the sammer stuff check this place out.. http://www.419eater.com/

Its mostly based on the 419 nigerian money scam, but theres some real funny stuff. Check out the photos of the people trying to scam ( trophy room) , and check some of the recorded phone conversations the guy does ( audio files)... Great way to spend a lazy afternoon......

the wop

Chimp
Jun 13, 2004
Colorado Springs
man I wish I had seen the pppower book anti-scam when I was selling my sants cruz.
I had four different scammers ready to buy for 2X the ammount of my bike.
one of them contacted me through via phone call , he said that he was a mute so the operator had to translate his text to me.
the only problem was I couldn't get the operator to translate- F@#K off you scammin piece of S%^t your lucky your a euro cause I'd find ya and beat the F@#k out of you, die slowly you S%^t bag !!she said something a little less vulgar :(
needless to say he hung up after I refused his crappy check

firetoole

duch bag
Nov 19, 2004
Wooo Tulips!!!!
I had a guy try to buy my bike a while back, and he made the mistake of using a larger UK email host so I pinged his address got the number for his ISP and when he sent me the check I forwarded it to the police over there and they arrested the guy for fraud it was quite satisfying.