Quantcast

Online/app-based strength training programs

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
Anyone try one? Usually I'm spending time in the climbing gym over the winter but COVID has kind of killed that. Also I'm dangerously close to old man territory now and something like jumping down from the bed of a pickup truck feels like a major plyometric undertaking. Seems like there are a lot out there now both MTB based and just in general. I have a pretty good background in correct form, just looking for some kind of structure that I'm generally unable to implement on my own.

Any recommendations?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Not really. I've been using muscle wiki: https://musclewiki.com/ to find exercizes to do with my kettlebells to target specific muscle groups. I generally stick to 3 sets of 8-10 reps of a variety of exercizes, and I don't really focus on one group at a time, but rather just do a lump of exercizes and then try to do a different lump on another day. It's been working pretty well in compliment to my other workouts. I have a 35lb KB, a 15lb KB, and a pair of purple 5lb weights that I've used with some success. In a perfect world I'd gravitate toward low rep-high weight once my form is down with these generic 8 rep sets, but this is far better than not lifting!

The only app I really use is peloton. It's like $13 and it has quite a bit of content. I started with just spinning, but I've done a few ab workouts and even some meditation garbage. I haven't tried a strength course but I guess I should try.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
I used the Stronglifts platform on and off over the past few years. It's basically progressive overload, but has a free app so you can click shiny buttons as you work through your reps.