Quantcast

online tab/chords for guitar......

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
.....well i go to places like guitar tab universe but they dont really have what i am looking for. I am looking for chords/tab for bands like Old Crow Medicine Show (yes i play lots of bluegrass and old time music).any suggestions?

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Ciaran said:
THE OLGA!!!!!!

http://olga.net/

Been around forever (well, forever in internet years)

Though they only have one entry for Old Crow Medicine Show.
werd dawg. actually started snooping and found a site that has 6 or 7 of their songs. thanks though.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
biggins said:
good site just not quite what i was looking for, thanks though.
whoa. just checked it out and it has totally changed. it used to be a huge database and not a forum.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
biker3 said:
My suggestion is learn how to play "real" guitar. Tabs are phony.
Tablature makes it easier for beginner to learn fingerings of their instrument. If you have tab WITH real sheet music it can help you learn to read sheet music. It gives you a diagram of how to finger chords. How is this bad?

Not everyone who picks up an instrument wants to learn to read sheet music... many don't need to.

Using whistle tab helped me to learn finger patterns on my whistle. Now I can play a mean jig and a prett dang good reel. How is this bad?

Tab is not phony. Tab is just another method to help people learn.

lux

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Wilmington, NC
biker3 said:

Yeah, Like Django. Oh wait, no, he couldn't read music, either. Hell, he could barely read and write.

Guess he couldn't play "real" guitar either.:eviltongu

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
biker3 said:
tabs help though. Its about the easiest way to learn modes. Not only modes. but helps people learn patterns as far as the over all structure.

However!, that does not negate the fact that learning the actual music is vital, to have a clue as to what the hell the patterns are.

Now, I believe the issue stems around the instant gratification many "new" players are searching for. Where is the proof one may ask? listen to bands now, solos are all but a lost art in modern pop music, nu music and such.

Metal seems to be where the great solos come from. then of course there's Johny Lang, for the more soulful of the bunch! :thumb: