Quantcast

Only on Ebay....

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
Can I just say, for the record, that the lefty fork is a fvckin stoopid idea.

Cue inevitable shaven XC freak response...to which I will pre-emptivly respond, "Oh yeah, if it's so great how come Cannondale use it? Huh? You don't have an answer for that do ya? Get back on your road bike and stop pretending, freak."

J

JRB

Changleen said:

Cue inevitable shaven XC freak response...to which I will pre-emptivly respond, "Oh yeah, if it's so great how come Cannondale use it? Huh? You don't have an answer for that do ya? Get back on your road bike and stop pretending, freak."
But they are sooo stiff.

*I have never ridden one, because a) it's on a Cannondale, b) it seems to be stupid to me that there is only one fork leg. It can only be half as good as anything else. :think:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
loco said:
But they are sooo stiff.

*I have never ridden one, because a) it's on a Cannondale, b) it seems to be stupid to me that there is only one fork leg. It can only be half as good as anything else. :think:
Exactly. They are a gimmick, 'just because' product. Which is retarded. If you can build a semi-decently stiff fork with one leg, why the fvck don't you build a really good fork with two? Or maybe spend a little bit of time working on making your frames fail less!

J

JRB

uhm, toshi - you can't bag on anyone's ebay listing if you have an auction for trumpet mouth pieces. It just doesn't seem right.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Sorry, I don't play any instruments. The part of the frame by the shock looks just like the scott high octane with those curved side bars.

Changleen said:
Exactly. They are a gimmick, 'just because' product. Which is retarded. If you can build a semi-decently stiff fork with one leg, why the fvck don't you build a really good fork with two? Or maybe spend a little bit of time working on making your frames fail less!
if they are a gimmick then why have they been aroudn for 7 years. and obviuosly you havent ridden one if you say semi stiff. they are stiffer than any conventional twin legged design in that travel range. as strong as anything else out there as well. once you guys have actually ridden one then tell me it isnt stiff. as for only on a cannondale, why not anyone else. you need a 1.5 headtube to run them. there have been a few made with 1 1/8" steerers but rarity and special projects. gotta love people chiming in on stuff they have no idea about.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
loco said:
uhm, toshi - you can't bag on anyone's ebay listing if you have an auction for trumpet mouth pieces. It just doesn't seem right.
heh, your thinking is screwy. there's nothing weird about selling trumpet mouthpieces: trumpet players are notorious about switching bits of their equipment (like bikers with saddles, tires) in search of that perfect bit of kit.

i'm a bit of an exception, on the same brand/model since 1999 (albeit in two different revisions of the same model), but that's because i'm part of the monette cult... www.monette.net

beestiboy

Monkey
May 21, 2005
Merded, ca
ive never ridden a lefty, but I built a surrey where we used the lefty hubs and I was impressed. Its something different and it distinguishes it from other products on the market...a classic marketing scheme. That is what capitalists do to make their product stick out from the rest. I wish i could afford a Cannondale everyone I have ridden was great but alas didnt belong to me.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
Zman said:
if they are a gimmick then why have they been aroudn for 7 years. and obviuosly you havent ridden one if you say semi stiff. they are stiffer than any conventional twin legged design in that travel range. as strong as anything else out there as well. once you guys have actually ridden one then tell me it isnt stiff. as for only on a cannondale, why not anyone else. you need a 1.5 headtube to run them. there have been a few made with 1 1/8" steerers but rarity and special projects. gotta love people chiming in on stuff they have no idea about.
:p You got suckered into buying one? Sorry about that dude.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Changleen said:

:think: Have you ridden on one? I have one and like it quite a bit. It's very light weight and has excellent response...I also have "regular" forks and can say that for XC, I like my lefty better than my Psylo Race XC. Maybe it's just me. (and no, I didn't buy it 'cause I thought it was cool...it came on my jekyll).

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
:D yeah, i think that pic was right around 1993? i still wear hideously ugly t-shirts to this day, on the other hand

:think: