Quantcast

***Only Tuesday GMT?***

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Whatcha got there, Charlie Sixpack! :happydance:

I dragged my fat ass to the high school track early this morning and ran 7 miles. Nobody else was there, which is odd....there are usually at least a couple of walkers. It was nice to be able to run my 25 laps in lane eight without having to go around anyone.

Planning a road ride at lunch.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Started physical therapy for my stiff weak back yesterday and feeling the pain from first treatment today. The good thing is riding my bike makes my back feel better!

Wet spring this year but good for the plants and when you hit the trails with the right timing you get some amazing tracting in the berms. Glas is half full!

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Golfing with my sister's boyfriend later. That gives me something to look forward to.

Cashier yesterday at the grocery store abused me with grocery jokes. Just bludgeoned me with them repeatedly. I was not in the mood and wanted to ask her why she was doing that to me.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
LOL wassup

today was the first day in a week that my son woke up without his eyes glued shut due to allergies. Currently running the AC with an air purifier in his 12x10 room and 12hr allegra on duty. Yikes. I'm about the same though with 24h allegra doses.

Currently waffling between total excitement as my phone screen has led to an interview on friday, and dread as my phone screen has lead to an interview on friday. I am not happy here, but I don't want to jump out of the frying pan into the fire. I suppose I don't need to worry until after the interview and whether I get an offer or not.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
What's it doing? Generally speaking, they aren't that complicated.
whirlpool duet WFW96. it threw code E01 F08 for water supply issues. i checked the water lines and intake filters, those are fine, no obstructions or restrictions. i did some googling and additional troubleshooting. the water pressure to the detergent dispenser is good, but the water flow to the drum itself is slow/restricted. from what i can tell online, it's either the inlet valve or the pressure switch.

edit: it was throwing the error on the quick wash cycle, but not on regular cycle.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
whirlpool duet WFW96. it threw code E01 F08 for water supply issues. i checked the water lines and intake filters, those are fine, no obstructions or restrictions. i did some googling and additional troubleshooting. the water pressure to the detergent dispenser is good, but the water flow to the drum itself is slow/restricted. from what i can tell online, it's either the inlet valve or the pressure switch.

edit: it was throwing the error on the quick wash cycle, but not on regular cycle.
Can't remember the code, but a few years ago our Duet would not fill.
Everything seemed to be good.
Ended up replacing a thin black hose next to the drum, it had something to do with pressure sensing. From what I remember, the old hose was collapsing. Worked a charm afterwords.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC

We have a Whirlpool Duet as well which recently was a throwing similar (if not the same) code. Check for an in-line water filter that may be clogged. I believe that was the issue with our machine.

Last edited:

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
We have a Whirlpool Duet as well which recently was throwing similar (if not the same) code. Check for an in-line water filter that may be clogged. I believe that was the issue with our machine.
It's on the back where the hose connects.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Can't remember the code, but a few years ago our Duet would not fill.
Everything seemed to be good.
Ended up replacing a thin black hose next to the drum, it had something to do with pressure sensing. From what I remember, the old hose was collapsing. Worked a charm afterwords.
yea, that's the pressure hose. i was looking at that possibility too, is that an air hose or water hose? i couldn't tell from youtube videos i watched.

edit: just to add so we're clear, its not that it isn't filling, its filling slowly. the water pressure to the detergent dispenser is fine.

We have a Whirlpool Duet as well which recently was a throwing similar (if not the same) code. Check for an in-line water filter that may be clogged. I believe that was the issue with our machine.
there's filters where the water hoses connect in the back of the machine, i checked those and they were fine.

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Supply valves (Household side) open all the way? Check what others have said, filters, supply lines, etc. Generally, if you have it narrowed down to just one or two possible causes, buy both parts. They are usually cheap enough to just do both and you're in there already. Our Samsung dryer is notorious enough for shitty bearings/belt/tensioner that every time I've dealt with it, I just buy all 3 and replace them all. 30 bucks and an hour of my time.

Last edited:

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Nice ride to the brewery this morning. I finally shoveled up the pile of spilled spent grain that all of us have been pretending not to see. Fun fact: decomposing barley smells like someone vomited poo, and now so do my boots and office. It's going to be a long day.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The quick little google I did, indicates that you get the code because the drum doesn't fill within a specific time, so it's not just getting no water, it's not getting enough water within a specified time.
yes, it's restricted / obstructed somewhere. water is flowing into the drum, just slowly. and I think that also explains why its happening on the quick wash cycle but not the regular cycle.

i'm trying to trouble shoot it a little better, as the inlet valve is $100. our machines are stacked, so i need to get a neighbor to help me lift the dryer off - which is why I didn't pull it apart to check more things last night.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
yea, that's the pressure hose. i was looking at that possibility too, is that an air hose or water hose? i couldn't tell from youtube videos i watched.

edit: just to add so we're clear, its not that it isn't filling, its filling slowly. the water pressure to the detergent dispenser is fine.

there's filters where the water hoses connect in the back of the machine, i checked those and they were fine.
Air, if memory serves.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Nice ride to the brewery this morning. I finally shoveled up the pile of spilled spent grain that all of us have been pretending not to see. Fun fact: decomposing barley smells like someone vomited poo, and now so do my boots and office. It's going to be a long day.
I like your sour.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all

It is still grey out. I continue to not care for this

Today I work, unlike yesterday. And tomorrow.

Last edited:

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
:shakefist:

Snow in the forcast... forced to drive van to work, gets to work, sun comes out.....

5g install at 4:30 today, there was a mix up last visit and I didn't get the poke, hopefully they got that out of their system....

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
No ride today. Mrs. Scrub's birthday - staying home. Yard stuff, and her requested dinner later.

deviled eggs
potato salad
coleslaw
ostrich burgers

All the mayonnaise!