Quantcast

***Only Tuesday GMT?***

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Ride after work yesterday was good for the soul. Not as hot as I was afraid it was going to be, but not pleasant either. Erosion on Buckhorn was pretty bad.

Can this week be over yet?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Worked late last night so I could finish testing. Data looks good, I think, but I'm not an optical engineer so I'll reserve judgement for now.

Otherwise, zilch. Nada. Would prefer to be working on my own stuff as I've got plenty to keep me occupied without work getting in the way.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Summer of Claus has turned to fall of Claus way to quickly with rain and cold weather. Well at least I do not have to water the new plants. Traffic was really bad as all corona restrictions for workplaces has been lifted.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Woke up in a panic that my alarm didn't go off and I was already late for two pickups. Running around figuring out how to get my first four when it hit me. It's fucking Tuesday not Wednesday. Tuesdays first pickup is at 0715 and its only 0445 :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

may need more than one mug of espresso this morning to clear the brain fog.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Busy day. Up late studying for CFP again. It's going slow, not because it's difficult material, but because it's painful. Insurance and insurance products are fucking dry. Way behind pace because I let myself get there in the first place and it's going slow. Ugh.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hi friends! Working on-site today. There are more people here today than I have seen so far, but it's still mostly empty...maybe 20%.

also just read an email from corporate that all on-site employees will be required to be vaccinated starting oct 4. good.
What are the consequences if they don't? Our company issued a similar e-mail two weeks ago, and if you don't provide proof, the company will assume you have not been vaccinated and you'll be required to wear a mask. Not much of a "penalty" for not getting your shots.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
What are the consequences if they don't? Our company issued a similar e-mail two weeks ago, and if you don't provide proof, the company will assume you have not been vaccinated and you'll be required to wear a mask. Not much of a "penalty" for not getting your shots.
doesn't say, but i would assume you won't be allowed in the building? i should also note, even vaccinated employees will be required to mask.

first full week of sept is also when our new flex schedule takes effect, all employees are allowed 2 days a week remote. this policy is permanent moving forward, even post-covid (assuming there is a post covid)

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
first full week of sept is also when our new flex schedule takes effect, all employees are allowed 2 days a week remote. this policy is permanent moving forward, even post-covid (assuming there is a post covid)
Our HR department is supposedly working on a flex policy going forward and says they'll announce something by the end of the year. For now, it's up to each manager to decide what works for their department. I told my crew everyone is remote on Mondays, and on site for whatever 2 of the next 4 days works best for them. I do Tuesdays and Fridays on site.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all

Working 7-4 I am, then later withdrawing $1,666 in cash for the electrician. Cash of the beast + a grand eh

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
wiring the rental house for ev charging...?
That was already done (and was half the price). This is a 60A line and disconnect for the heat pump that I had put in this week. AC in the mountains, because they aren't getting any cooler in the summer for sure.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
y u no hot tub
Going to wait a bit on that and actually get some Vacasa income before pledging future Vacasa income against the hot tub. Plus it needs to be after the decks get redone with Trex from their current sad tile (!).

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Going to wait a bit on that and actually get some Vacasa income before pledging future Vacasa income against the hot tub. Plus it needs to be after the decks get redone with Trex from their current sad tile (!).
if its going on the deck, make sure its built to code; the load bearing requirements are higher based on the tub size/capacity.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Hello monkeys. On Sunday I spent about 2 hours biking and 3 hours kayaking, both very low key due to smoke. Sinuses kicked in bad yesterday afternoon so I spent a good deal of time working the neti pot in order to avoid infection. Today is just minor throat irritation and coughing so... win?

I found a used unicycle for cheap, it weighs as much as my road bike so it was likely cheap to begin with. I've never attempted to ride one but I understand it only takes an hour to learn. What could go wrong?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
if its going on the deck, make sure its built to code; the load bearing requirements are higher based on the tub size/capacity.
Yeah, I'm having the contractor redoing the deck surface (and the adjacent interior drywall with moisture due to a piss-poor flashing job + the tile choice itself!) check out the underlying structure to make sure it's up to snuff. It's definitely going on the deck, about 20 feet left of the staged Peloton photo here:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
My brother had one of those for the Commodore 64 and sold it recently on eBay for like a hundred bucks. Apparently there is still a market for that old C64 shit.
I've still got an original Gameboy and about a dozen boxed games sitting at my parents house somewhere. Hoping it can fund my retirement...(I jest).