Quantcast

***Only Tuesday GMT?***

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
found vax papers....not going to wilco in asheville....89 percent chance of rain....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I've still got an original Gameboy and about a dozen boxed games sitting at my parents house somewhere. Hoping it can fund my retirement...(I jest).
i still have:

OG gameboy + games, a few accessories.
OG NES. with games.
Sega Genesis w/ games & controllers
Atari 2600 with games.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
So driving through Middlebury, an eastern rat snake between three and four feet long was trying to cross the street in the middle of town. I parked, picked it up, and drove to Bristol (difficult given that it was trying to navigate the van), and released it up where there are colonies of the species.
View attachment 163598
Custom title checks out.
Carry on.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
blew off work and went go-karting with some friends. More importantly, I destroyed all of my friends go-karting.
the last time i went carting was with my brothers and a cousin about 35 years ago in reading, pa...

dare i say it was more like demolition derby...

we all experienced the brief weightlessness of flight at some point....

it was a good day.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Haley has Little Bella's right now. It's raining. Hero dirt or hail? Which way to go???

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
the last time i went carting was with my brothers and a cousin about 35 years ago in reading, pa...

dare i say it was more like demolition derby...

we all experienced the brief weightlessness of flight at some point....

it was a good day.

These were fast enough that you didn't want to fuck around, going into a wall was going to hurt a lot. Twas a gentlemanly competition.

Playing bumper cars will also get you the boot.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
blew off work and went go-karting with some friends. More importantly, I destroyed all of my friends go-karting.
Wifey's boss is super competitive and has gotten into karting over the last couple of years. Just got qualified for shifter karts at a local outdoor track, has a physical setup for Grand Tourismo in his basement, and is thinking about getting a race kart. Wifey has told him that I used to go karting a lot and he has kept pushing to go but we haven't been able to make timing work. I've also been hesitant to risk blowing him up and injuring his pride, but boss is sure that all his time and money has been worth it.

We went karting with him, Haley and his daughter a few weeks ago. 23sec for top drivers, 25 for really good drivers, 28 above average drivers, 30+ average... Etc. First session he got a 29 to my 27 Second he got a 28 to my 25. Didn't want to do a third session. Was clearly unhappy when the girl handling track assignments said that I could jump in with the next group of shifter carts since I'm qualified and I wouldn't have to wait that way. He hasn't talked about it since. According to Wifey he hasn't talked about doing a team karting session since then.
:rofl:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Wifey's boss is super competitive and has gotten into karting over the last couple of years. Just got qualified for shifter karts at a local outdoor track, has a physical setup for Grand Tourismo in his basement, and is thinking about getting a race kart. Wifey has told him that I used to go karting a lot and he has kept pushing to go but we haven't been able to make timing work. I've also been hesitant to risk blowing him up and injuring his pride, but boss is sure that all his time and money has been worth it.

We went karting with him, Haley and his daughter a few weeks ago. 23sec for top drivers, 25 for really good drivers, 28 above average drivers, 30+ average... Etc. First session he got a 29 to my 27 Second he got a 28 to my 25. Didn't want to do a third session. Was clearly unhappy when the girl handling track assignments said that I could jump in with the next group of shifter carts since I'm qualified and I wouldn't have to wait that way. He hasn't talked about it since. According to Wifey he hasn't talked about doing a team karting session since then.
:rofl:
///Karting

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I will go karting with you all locals. See if I can overcome power to weight ratio with line choice. :D

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Oof, the UK. Got the hell outta there when I could. They are still better off than the US on most measures but… Where would you want to live?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Oof, the UK. Got the hell outta there when I could. They are still better off than the US on most measures but… Where would you want to live?

Yeah no real desire to live in the UK, but perhaps take advantage of the commonwealth agreement so I can TP your front yard.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Also don’t you do that directly with UK Govt? Be super wary of private third parties for this stuff…

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Also don’t you do that directly with UK Govt? Be super wary of private third parties for this stuff…

Certainly, that was just the first bit of info I pulled up after trying to look into this, which of course would be from a for proffit business paying for ad space, but that doesn't mean it isn't a bad source of info. I am a rather skeptical of everyone and would have to be 100% confident that things were legit before I let anyone touch my mothers original documents as she has passed I have no idea how they could be replaced.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
They are actually super helpful if you can manage to call and talk to a real human there, at least the ones I dealt with were.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
They are actually super helpful if you can manage to call and talk to a real human there, at least the ones I dealt with were.

I obviously have a lot of homework to do, also no rush. Although I may get a safety deposit box for the birth certificate and passport. Too many tweakers and fires around here.