Quantcast

***Only Tuesday GMT?***

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
How much easier is it for a limey to emigrate to NZ as compared to a yank?
I don’t know actually. Age, skills and money are factors for NZ, normally you get a Permanent Resident visa, live here for a few years then get citizenship. Having a Skills Shortage skill is a good route in for older people, as is investment.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I don’t know actually. Age, skills and money are factors for NZ, normally you get a Permanent Resident visa, live here for a few years then get citizenship. Having a Skills Shortage skill is a good route in for older people, as is investment.

It looks pretty simple if you are under 30 (ageist mother fuckers)

But I would qualify under the skills shortage. However it may not make a difference if I declare my allegiance to the queen or not.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Interesting watching the girls coming back to base at Bella's. They were all screaming and fussing about being out in the rain when things started. When they got back, coated in mud spray, they were all loving it. I'd guess this is the first time a lot of these girls had a chance to go out and play in the dirt, if you will.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
It looks pretty simple if you are under 30 (ageist mother fuckers)

But I would qualify under the skills shortage.
This is about making sure you’ve contributed to the state pension you’ll get, the free healthcare and so on.
If you can code that’s a good way in I hear. Engineering would be good too, especially in infrastructure or power.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
This is about making sure you’ve contributed to the state pension you’ll get, the free healthcare and so on.
If you can code that’s a good way in I hear. Engineering would be good too, especially in infrastructure or power.

Understandable. I have an eclectic engineering background, but looks like I would need a job offer British passport or not. It would appear that the queen can go fuck herself.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
My wife has an EE degree from Daartmaath, between that and her Accounting masters, I bet she could get us in.
I could open the best fucking taqueria in NZ, “Gringo Loco”.
buuuut….where is all of the gnar-gnar riding? South Island, I would imagine?

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
My wife has an EE degree from Daartmaath, between that and her Accounting masters, I bet she could get us in.
I could open the best fucking taqueria in NZ, “Gringo Loco”.
buuuut….where is all of the gnar-gnar riding? South Island, I would imagine?
Well, probably around Queenstown and Wanaka in the South Island, but there is also less job openings down there and pretty expensive. In the North Island it is hard to go past Wellington, capital city, loads of culture, so many trails and more all the time. There are 1m people in the whole SI roughly and 4 on NI. The economy here is a good two orders of magnitude smaller than the US. Auckland for most jobs for sure but less riding opportunities out the door. Most places in Welly you can ride to a trailhead pretty easily.
www.homes.co.nz is useful to look at house prices. FYI we have some pretty good… well pretty much all foods actually.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Jerbs, pretty representative of what’s about but at (I guess) our salary ranges you’d often actually use an agency for the juiciest roles, or once you’re here just meeting people.
Edit: If you register on Seek you can search with Salary.

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Thinking about hitting the go button on this

@6thElement, is there a secret handshake I would have to learn?
I don't think it makes any difference to getting into other Commonwealth countries. Younger brother and his family got into BC with his wife getting a student visa by getting her masters part time. NZ is all skills based last time I looked.

Brexit fucked up the value of a UK passport removing the ability to easily live/work anywhere in the EU.