Quantcast

oops

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
so in the moving process this weekend, i accidently threw away the ac power supply for my girlfriend's computer speakers. she's a little pissed...and i haven't told her i threw it away. oi. i'm gonna buy he a USB hub tomorrow, and a headphone extension cable. hopefully that'll take away some of the sting. or maybe i should give her mine, and get me some Klipsch Pro Medias...hmmm...

and i can't figure out how to get this freakin' printer to be shared between her computer and mine.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
the Inbred said:
so in the moving process this weekend, i accidently threw away the ac power supply for my girlfriend's computer speakers. she's a little pissed...and i haven't told her i threw it away. oi. i'm gonna buy he a USB hub tomorrow, and a headphone extension cable. hopefully that'll take away some of the sting. or maybe i should give her mine, and get me some Klipsch Pro Medias...hmmm...

and i can't figure out how to get this freakin' printer to be shared between her computer and mine.

You should be able to get another power supply a the shack. As for networking printers, this should help....
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;814005

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Power supplies are easy to come by. Heck, you can pick up universal ones at Radio Shack or Wal-Mart.

Need more info to help out with the printer networking :)

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Get a jet direct...

or

install printer on #1 PC... go into printer properties, share printer, give printer easy share name like "printer1". Go to #2 PC. use Add Printer wizard to add network printer. Printer name should be \\<computer name of PC #1\printername. Example: \\computer1\printer1 Wham! Bam! Thank you printer ma'am!

or

get a jet direct. Or a router with a built in print server. OR a new printer with a built in NIC card.

Edit: if you need help sharing the printer let me know and I'll see if I can help.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
ok, everything goes to plan until i try to find it on her computer. using the "Add Printer", i can find my computer, but the printer is not showing up, even though it's being shared. i've turned off Avast on my computer and the MS Anti-Virus sw on her's.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Just name the printer and manually type the name into the address bar of the other computer.

On mine, for instance, my computer name is "binary" and my printer is "HP Photosmart 8450" so if I go to install the printer and it doesn't show up, I just type "\\binary\HP Photosmart 8450" into the spot where it asks for the path to the network printer.