Quantcast

Open trails at Whistler

Aug 21, 2003
Bellingham, WA
Anybody have any idea what trails will be open this weekend at Whistler? Last year on opening day it was mostly just A-Line. We couldn't even ride Dirt Merchant.

Aug 21, 2003
Bellingham, WA
I did, actually, and couldn't find any information regarding bike trails that are expected to be open, which is why i posted my question here.
I thought people here might have some inside info.
Thanks for the link though.

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Last year they only had limited trails open cause of weather. If it starts raining this weekend up there, everything will be shut down except for B-line.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Trail closures are really on a day to day basis. That mountain dries out so fast that closed trails can be bone dry in 2 hours.
I've only once seen it rain long enough to warrant closing a-line. Last years opening day was one of the better weekends all spring.

You know what they say, "If you don't like the weather in the NW, wait 15min."

radjockette

Monkey
Jun 26, 2004
PNW woods
Whistler's great but not worth the 5 hour drive if only a few trails are open and mega riders. Guess that's the feeling when you've been going up there for 3 years! Never thought I'd hear myself saying that.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Build has it right. You really can'r predict trails closures. it has beenhot and sunny so everything from fits 'might' be open. If it spits, they leave it, if it rains they close stunted trails, if it pours for a fairly long period they close the river called a-line, if it is worse than that the lifts would close anyway.

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
buildyourown said:
Trail closures are really on a day to day basis. That mountain dries out so fast that closed trails can be bone dry in 2 hours.
I've only once seen it rain long enough to warrant closing a-line. Last years opening day was one of the better weekends all spring.

You know what they say, "If you don't like the weather in the NW, wait 15min."
I heard you messed up your hand T? How is it doing? Are you trying to copy Mama Beav??? :)

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
bigshred said:
every thing but crab apple hits and lower whistler DH.
I don't think anyone would have wanted to ride lower whistler DH Sat even if it was open....a bear set up camp all day pretty darn close to the trailhead! It was open Sunday, fun as always, but a bit beat up right now.

brock

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Tacoma, WA
Velocity Girl said:
I don't think anyone would have wanted to ride lower whistler DH Sat even if it was open....a bear set up camp all day pretty darn close to the trailhead! It was open Sunday, fun as always, but a bit beat up right now.
Me and that bear had a chat saturday afternoon. We agreed to the bear having the trail saturday and us having the trail on sunday.