Quantcast

Opening day

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Is tomorrow..... for archery and weapons restricted hunting!!!!!

Super out of practice with the bow, so will be running mostly the muzzle loader.......

Hopefully pictures to follow sunday!!!!

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I'll play.

I went out bowhunting for whitetail deer the first time this year. I've shot guns and shot bows, but never at anything other than a target, and certainly never with the intention of killing.

My younger brother, father, and I all made a mutual pact to head out together, and we opened our season in the woods of Vermont. We saw not a single deer, not really any signs of them (didn't do a lot of scouting beforehand, just relied on secondhand knowledge), but turns out that I still had a blast in spite of the lack of success. It was amazing to clear my mind and carve out a day to do little but hang in the woods with my bro and dad hoping something wandered into range. We capped off our day by watching a healthy lady moose munching on some bushes before scooting off into the brush.

No such luck this year, but I have no illusions that we didn't get out what we put in. Oh well, it was certainly a learning experience, and I am confident in saying that this will be our new yearly tradition, and hopefully I can either latch onto someone who knows what they are doing, or maybe this blind squirrel will find his nut.

Hope you've had better luck than I this year @DirtyMike!

I'll play.

I went out bowhunting for whitetail deer the first time this year. I've shot guns and shot bows, but never at anything other than a target, and certainly never with the intention of killing.

My younger brother, father, and I all made a mutual pact to head out together, and we opened our season in the woods of Vermont. We saw not a single deer, not really any signs of them (didn't do a lot of scouting beforehand, just relied on secondhand knowledge), but turns out that I still had a blast in spite of the lack of success. It was amazing to clear my mind and carve out a day to do little but hang in the woods with my bro and dad hoping something wandered into range. We capped off our day by watching a healthy lady moose munching on some bushes before scooting off into the brush.

No such luck this year, but I have no illusions that we didn't get out what we put in. Oh well, it was certainly a learning experience, and I am confident in saying that this will be our new yearly tradition, and hopefully I can either latch onto someone who knows what they are doing, or maybe this blind squirrel will find his nut.

Hope you've had better luck than I this year @DirtyMike!
A lot of hunters seem to primarily enjoy quiet times in the woods.

Where were you in Vermont?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
A lot of hunters seem to primarily enjoy quiet times in the woods.

Where were you in Vermont?
Groton State Forest. My bro lives in Barre, so we crashed at his house for the weekend.

The peace is definitely one of my motivations. So many pretty colored leaves were falling that day that it sounded like rain. I'll treasure that memory.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Well.... I now have four deer in the freezer.

We have about a week left in general season and I am hoping to clear at least one more tag.

Hopefully I can push my way out a fee times during the extended elk season.