Quantcast

Opera 9 Beta Available

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
A great browser just got better...

Lots of nice new features.

Widgets, tab preview, BitTorrent, and more.

Now it not only has built in pop-up blocking, but built-in CONTENT BLOCKING!

You can make ads disappear from all websites (without system changes like editing your hosts file) :love: :devil: :eviltongu

Check it out

FYI, Flash is no longer included in the download (at least the beta anyways?)

New features in Opera 9 include:

* Widgets - Small Web applications (multimedia, newsfeeds, games and more) that make your desktop experience more fun. Any Web developer can create their own Widgets and share them, regardless of operating system. Try the Widgets in Opera 9 by pressing F6. Look for further development of Opera Widgets in future releases.
* BitTorrent - Instead of having to use a separate BitTorrent application for downloading large files, users can now simply click a torrent file and start the download
* Content blocker - Choose the content you want to view. Remove ads or images - it is up to you. Right-click on the Web page and choose "Block content"
* Improved rich text editing - Take advantage of rich text editing capabilities when using the latest Web mail or blogging services
* Customize your search engines – Use your favorite search engine in the search box. Right-click on the site's search field and select "Create search" from the menu
* Thumbnail preview – It's easy to have many tabs open at once in Opera. But exactly which tab had that video you wanted? Hover any tab to see a thumbnail preview
* Site-specific preferences - Do you need to view a site in a different way or deny certain cookies? Want to block pop-ups on certain sites only? Site specific preferences hold the key

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Nice to see another Opera fan. It just keeps getting better and better. Though it is kinda hard to beat the Bork Edition. :D

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
sirknight6 said:
I've never used it. I just downloaded it and it seems rather spry.
Its one of the fastest browsers around and it has a small footprint too...

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Tenchiro said:
The last time I installed Opera it came with built in banner ads on the browser.

Does it still do that?
No its free now. It did the before cause it use to be a pay application so you either paid for it or got ads...