Quantcast

Opera Browser-Ad free version-Aug 30 only

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Awsome. Opera is the absolute best browser out there. Heck, it's one of the very few that I am willing to pay for. Get Opera. You won't regret it. And if you can find it, the Bork Edition is great.

J

JRB

.:Jeenyus:. said:
So it really blows firefox out of the water?
That's a bit strong, but it's pretty cool. Mostly firefox for me still. But I registered.

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
I DLed it and registered and I must say I like Firefox more. Opera is nice but not quite at the same level.

Thanks for putting the link up though, Silver. :thumb:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I dig it. Haven't used Opera in many versions. Not since they were just starting - I was using their release candidate for a while, 0.6 or something.

Thanks for the tip. Time to find a good skin.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I've never had a problem with it other than the occasional java issue. What issues have you encountered?

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
just got Opera...i don't know. is there anyone to change how the scroll wheel click functions? i hate that it automatically sets the 'arrows' in the center of the page.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
ok, next question...how do i make Opera my default web browser? seems like a simple question, but i can't find anything on default browers.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
the Inbred said:
ok, next question...how do i make Opera my default web browser? seems like a simple question, but i can't find anything on default browers.
Just start up Opera. It'll ask you if you want it to be the default.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
it did that the first time i ran it. said no initially, but now i'd like to give it a whirl and use it a few days. but i can't seem to be able to make it my default browser.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Tools/Preferences, Advanced tab, choose Programs, then check the box that says "Check to see if..."

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
ok, last opera question...why do i have to keep hitting refresh for an updated version of a page to show? for example...i click on "User CP" here on RM, look at it, leave the page, come back a little while later, click on "User CP" again, and it's the same. hit refresh, and it's now updated.