Quantcast

Opeth fans on the monkey?

nixhexss

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
New York
ooooooooooooooooo boy. i rarely post on the monkey but if we're gonan talk opeth and porcupine tree youre gonna get me all worked up.

Oly, if you'd like any albums IM me and I'll hook you up. You're not gonna be able to stop listening for years now, they're truly one of the greatest bands I've ever heard, mind blowing. Goes for both of them really, but Opeth, my lordy.

Nice avatar, how'd you do it? Is it just the "O" and then you did the rest yourself?

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
nixhexss said:
ooooooooooooooooo boy. i rarely post on the monkey but if we're gonan talk opeth and porcupine tree youre gonna get me all worked up.

Oly, if you'd like any albums IM me and I'll hook you up. You're not gonna be able to stop listening for years now, they're truly one of the greatest bands I've ever heard, mind blowing. Goes for both of them really, but Opeth, my lordy.

Nice avatar, how'd you do it? Is it just the "O" and then you did the rest yourself?
Ive never really heard procupine tree, but maybe i should....

I have everything but Still Life. Ive hesitated to shop from e-bay for it. I'll send you a PM about it.... cant find it in any stores...

For the avatar... I went to www.brandsoftheworld.com , and found an .ai or EPS file for their logo. (theres a ton of bands, and bike products there too). In illustraitor i used the letters from the logo to make the LY in OLY.... my Y is the H from the original logo, just upside down.

Im sure some metalheads dont like them because they switch from real heavy to real mellow, but i think ive gotten over the standard play as fast as you can and sing and gutteral as you can kind of stuff....

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Potroast88 said:
Any particular Opeth songs that you'd recommend?

To many good ones to name. The new record "Ghost Reveries" is real good, and you can probably find it anywhere....even hot topic...haha. I found Blackwater Park at Best Buy so any good record shop should have some of their stuff. THe DVD is real good too.. filmed around the time of Deliverance/Damnation. Excellent live sound, and a good Mini documentary of the band.

I really like the songs Deliverance and Masters Apprentices from the record Deliverance.... but like i said, there are so many good ones i could be writing all day.

Jou

Monkey
May 16, 2004
Powell/Laramie, Wyoming
For Opeth, deliverance is the way to go!

I'm gonna have to recomend some In Flames if you like opeth, but im biased because i get to see In Flames on the 4th, ****ing excited.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
oly said:
I recently discovered, now i cant stop listening... its like audio crack.....

Now, he has SpeedMetalDH in his sig, and NOW he says he's listening to Opeth...?? :think:

Whats wrong with this picture?

:p :D

Next your gonna ask, "Hey, anyone hear of Iron Maiden?" :D

Sorry dude, with your sig, you were an easy target!!!! Great group! if you like them you may want to check out Soilwork, Shadows fall, Children of Bodom, Kalmah, Neurosis, Dimmu Borgir, Death Angel, Municipal Waste, Lamb of God, Avail, As I lay Dying, In Flames...Just to name a few.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Jou said:
For Opeth, deliverance is the way to go!

I'm gonna have to recomend some In Flames if you like opeth, but im biased because i get to see In Flames on the 4th, ****ing excited.

YOU BETTER get some pics!!!! those guys are awesome!!!!!!

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
sirknight6 said:
YOU BETTER get some pics!!!! those guys are awesome!!!!!!

I lost some respect for inflames when i realized they are pretty much just Korn from another part of the world... watch the videos included in the bonus disk of "soundtrack to your escape",, you'll see. Im not saying i dont like their music, the singer guy just reminded me of Johathan Davis for some reason.. Regardless of that, i would like to go see them in a few weeks, but its a weeknight in Seattle and thats real hard for me to make and do work the next day. But i guess if i was a real metal head, i'd cut my self with some rezor blades and drink the blood of a pigmy albino goat.... that would be if i was a real metalhead.....

Hey, and Adam.... Cups? I tried to PM ya... were you sending those back? If no, just say so,... i gotta get all my parts in order for the new frame...

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
sirknight6 said:
Now, he has SpeedMetalDH in his sig, and NOW he says he's listening to Opeth...?? :think:

Whats wrong with this picture?

:p :D

Next your gonna ask, "Hey, anyone hear of Iron Maiden?" :D

Sorry dude, with your sig, you were an easy target!!!! Great group! if you like them you may want to check out Soilwork, Shadows fall, Childeren of Bodom, Kalmah, Neurosis, Dimmu Borgir, Death Angel, Municipal Waste, Lamb of God, Avail, As I lay Dying, In Flames...Just to name a few.

I dont understand why my sig makes me an easy target? For what? Our team name happens to be speed metal... oh, guess what, we use the maiden font, and have maiden in our motto, but yea, i know... maiden isnt speed metal.... i know your sorta being sarcastic, but maybe im just being ornery after a few beers and no riding.....

All those bands you name I know and have, but for some reason Opeth never hit my radar? Sometimes even the best music passes you by for a while.....

just to name a few more....

Arch enemy
Mastodon
Today is the day
Boltthrower
carcass
entombed
high on fire
meshuggah
killswitch engage
god forbid
bongzilla
the dillenger escape plan
soilent green
bleeding kansas
pig destroyer
burnt by the sun
the black dhalia murder
december
edge of sanity
extreme noise terror
pungent stench
eyehategod
old mans child
watch them die
trivium
nevermore
3 inches of blood

... and thats not even naming the standard mainstream stuff out there... like the slayers and sepulturas of the metal arena...

hey, look at that... my beer ran dry... time to renew and watch the Opeth DVD i just scored today for 12 bucks.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
oly said:
I dont understand why my sig makes me an easy target? For what? Our team name happens to be speed metal... oh, guess what, we use the maiden font, and have maiden in our motto, but yea, i know... maiden isnt speed metal.... i know your sorta being sarcastic, but maybe im just being ornery after a few beers and no riding.....

All those bands you name I know and have, but for some reason Opeth never hit my radar? Sometimes even the best music passes you by for a while.....

just to name a few more....

Arch enemy
Mastodon
Today is the day
Boltthrower
carcass
entombed
high on fire
meshuggah
killswitch engage
god forbid
bongzilla
the dillenger escape plan
soilent green
bleeding kansas
pig destroyer
burnt by the sun
the black dhalia murder
december
edge of sanity
extreme noise terror
pungent stench
eyehategod
old mans child
watch them die
trivium
nevermore
3 inches of blood

... and thats not even naming the standard mainstream stuff out there... like the slayers and sepulturas of the metal arena...

hey, look at that... my beer ran dry... time to renew and watch the Opeth DVD i just scored today for 12 bucks.
Dude, it was merely jest, relax...I like the speedmetal site...:rolleyes: Note the cunning use of smilies. :D

Actually, I think a DH Jersey from that sight would rock with the same theme...:thumb:

12.00...? damn...that would be cool...

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
sirknight6 said:
Dude, it was merely jest, relax...I like the speedmetal site...:rolleyes: Note the cunning use of smilies. :D

Actually, I think a DH Jersey from that sight would rock with the same theme...:thumb:

12.00...? damn...that would be cool...
LOL... I know... I was a little tanked....... :p

Glad you like the site. We've all been real busy and there hasnt been alot of updating. We used to have Speedmetal shirts for sale, but no one ever bought them... So we sent them to our sponsors...

Yea, i scored on that one. Such a good DVD!!