Quantcast

Opie's closed thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I like beer. Beer is good. I like bikes. Bikes are good. I like to ride my bike. Riding my bike is good. I like forums about bikes. Forums about bikes are good.

WTF is this?

I like LO too, but holy sh!t....
What's your point?

3D.

Monkey
Feb 23, 2006
Chinafornia USA
I haven't been on vacation... just working my ass off. Without knowing the details, I'd have too say I'm surprised to hear all of this. Opie was a guy who contributed worthy input to this site... I'm wondering what he could have done to offend the mods so deeply. I think he was a great guy who was easy to disagree with and even easier to agree with.

Again, without knowing exactly what happened (please PM me if you know), I can only assume it was extremely petty (or a harsh joke/racial slur maybe?) and should probably be forgiven. Remember, he was a guy that liked to get a rise out of the monkeys just for fun, but more importantly he was a person that had great insight and tremendous commitment to this site.

I wouldn't want to lose people like him if it were my site, especially if it were over something that could be considered insignificant in the end.

Again I have no idea what happened, I've been working 8 days a week and it requires both my hands, my eyes, and my brain.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I haven't been on vacation... just working my ass off. Without knowing the details, I'd have too say I'm surprised to hear all of this. Opie was a guy who contributed worthy input to this site... I'm wondering what he could have done to offend the mods so deeply. I think he was a great guy who was easy to disagree with and even easier to agree with.

Again, without knowing exactly what happened (please PM me if you know), I can only assume it was extremely petty (or a harsh joke/racial slur maybe?) and should probably be forgiven. Remember, he was a guy that liked to get a rise out of the monkeys just for fun, but more importantly he was a person that had great insight and tremendous commitment to this site.
I don't know all of the details either as this whirlwind event is still unfolding, but I'd bet if you start a new thread asking The Head Monkey what happened, it would produce the answers we all seek.

:cheers:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Has anyone thought that this might actually work out in Dopies favor. He can spend time working hard to gain status in a forum where it's actually important. Like in real life with work or develop new friendships based in reality not e-reality. Perhaps he'll spend more of his idle time inventing something really unique and will help advance mountain biking and have his picture in one of those mountain bike rags and then he'll have the last laugh.

haha probably not.

Hows the view down there Dopie? One last kick for the hell of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5cFr6DM3J_4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5cFr6DM3J_4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Has anyone thought that this might actually work out in Dopies favor. He can spend time working hard to gain status in a forum where it's actually important. Like in real life with work or develop new friendships based in reality not e-reality. Perhaps he'll spend more of his idle time inventing something really unique and will help advance mountain biking and have his picture in one of those mountain bike rags and then he'll have the last laugh.

haha probably not.

Hows the view down there Dopie? One last kick for the hell of it.
Why so much hate Sandy? :clue:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Why so much hate Sandy? :clue:
Meh i'm overdoin it now, kind of like the thread itself.

Honestly though just because you can't or choose not to post here, it doesn't mean you're frikkin dead. It means your spending time doing something else.

Simple as that.

And anyone here stepping back and looking at it realistically, that's not really that bad of a thing.

And if i'm wrong and it's such a big frikkin deal, well then nobody is too blame but Lord Opie. He's not stupid he knew what the deal was.

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
Just got to my email and got one from Opie. Ironically he didn't say anything about you guys. Just asked about my family and said I can pass his email on to those who sincerely want it (pm'd you RedRabbit).

Any Jewish guy that can take joke, honeymoons in Florence and loves his wife and baby girl can't be too bad.

Not sure who's serious and who's joking- don't really care. I'm all for stirring the pot and messing around, but it's cowardly to bust on an individual who can't be present to defend himself. Maybe that's the point all along.

So much for freedom of speech on the 4th of july eah??

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Just got to my email and got one from Opie. Ironically he didn't say anything about you guys. Just asked about my family and said I can pass his email on to those who sincerely want it (pm'd you RedRabbit).

Any Jewish guy that can take joke, honeymoons in Florence and loves his wife and baby girl can't be too bad.

Not sure who's serious and who's joking- don't really care. I'm all for stirring the pot and messing around, but it's cowardly to bust on an individual who can't be present to defend himself. Maybe that's the point all along.

So much for freedom of speech on the 4th of july eah??
Give him my email would you?

icarealot@kindergarten.com

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Nobody hates Opie.

Except maybe Brian.

:D
I don't hate Opie and never did hate him. I just liked to poke fun at him. I have never wished him or his family any harm, I guess I just pushed him to the brink. If you look at my responses toward him I thought it was all in good fun, it had nothing to do with me being a mod either. If he were to have PMed me about it when it started to bother him I would have gladly stopped.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I don't hate Opie and never did hate him. I just liked to poke fun at him. I have never wished him or his family any harm, I guess I just pushed him to the brink. If you look at my responses toward him I thought it was all in good fun, it had nothing to do with me being a mod either. If he were to have PMed me about it when it started to bother him I would have gladly stopped.

Do you want him banned?

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Do you want him banned?
My intentions were not to get him banned. He posted some nasty remarks that brought him to that point. I fully support the reasons for the banning. Bottom line, he could have handled it differently. I have been asked to mellow out, which I have. I enjoy this place too much to lose it.

Last edited:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Again, without knowing exactly what happened (please PM me if you know), I can only assume it was extremely petty (or a harsh joke/racial slur maybe?) and should probably be forgiven.
I'm glad the assumption with no knowledge of the facts whatsoever is that the moderators were wrong and he didn't deserve it. Because, you know, nobody tells harsh jokes or makes racial slurs on here every single day.

BTW, you might want to read the first page of the thread. Or the first page of the other thread. Or just not make silly assumptions.

If he were to have PMed me about it when it started to bother him I would have gladly stopped.
Let's not get too crazy here, you got a PM asking that very thing. :monkey:

Status
Not open for further replies.